Bone head Tbar question and issues

-
I'm sure when the make the hex ends 30* apart they most likely heat the bar and put the twist in the direction they want and then reheat treat the bar.

I am hoping that actually twisting the bar in the wrong direction didn't screw them up.

And I had more wrong than the bars on the wrong side I *THINK*. So I've got the drivers side back in and correct but I need to pull the passenger side back out and and make sure the control arms are at the bottom of the travel when I stick the bar in.

What a royal PITA.

I'm talking about "pre stressed" what I am getting at, is if they are just "made" and not "stressed" how is that materially different from reverse twisting a bar. You would think if a new, unstressed bar took a "set" that it would sag, IE you'd have to bring the car in when new after a week? month? year? 3? and have the height reset

Why do you think they make them straight then twist them ??

I'd say throw em in and see what happens. Worst case scenario. They are pooched. But how long does it take to change torsion bars?

As for mistakes. Eh. We all make em. Especially in a rush. I was in a rush to get my car running after I changed the exhaust last year. Had to take the oil filter adapter off so I just did an oil change same time. Started dumping oil in only to realize I never put the pan plug back in after there was about a litre or two of oil on the floor. **** happens.

I'd say throw em in and see what happens. Worst case scenario. They are pooched. But how long does it take to change torsion bars?

As for mistakes. Eh. We all make em. Especially in a rush. I was in a rush to get my car running after I changed the exhaust last year. Had to take the oil filter adapter off so I just did an oil change same time. Started dumping oil in only to realize I never put the pan plug back in after there was about a litre or two of oil on the floor. **** happens.

The bad thing is I made more than 1 mistake. I also banged my elbow on the jack stand and now my left hand is still stinging after almost an hour.

So, tomorrow I'll pull the other one back out...again...and make sure the LCA is all the way down.

I can say when this pig is done I'm going to go out a and flog the piss out of this thing. I'm going to take out 35 months of frustration in one drive.

Car is back on the ground with the /6 bars in CORRECTLY and it sits perfect.

Only thing damaged is my pride, ego and my elbow.

Thanks for the help.

think you got bad luck,pull one my dusters back outta the honey suckles up in to yard and drivers side bar snapped in to! can i replace the one bar or do i need to replace both?? /6 a/c car.

-
Back