Bone yard pics

-

Black 69 Dart

Reaction score
Found this place at the right time, needed parts to put the S.O.M ( name of my car) back on the street. (Thinking of using S.O.M as her name but not sure, stand for Sound of Madness).

Picture 092.jpg

Picture 093.jpg

Picture 101.jpg

Picture 100.jpg

Some of those cars look more solid than mine.

same here. Sad thinking I paid $5k for my barracuda and the only salvageable part is........ well not really anything. Needs new front and rear frame rails, quarters, floors, trunk............:thebirdm:

Nice. I wish I could find a yard like that buy me.

Jeez, I've seen pics of CA yards in the past. Mostly complete vehicles that were junked due to a bad water pump or a dent in the fender. I think they were posted over on Moparts a while back...just made me cry.

On the other hand, I hate seeing them stacked atop one another!!!

Jeez, I've seen pics of CA yards in the past. Mostly complete vehicles that were junked due to a bad water pump or a dent in the fender. I think they were posted over on Moparts a while back...just made me cry.

Where is it at?

Where is it at?

I couldn't honestly tell you. I read far too many of these bone yard posts,don't know why, they always make me sad. I just remember anytime I've seen CA yard pics I always think to myself " What wong with those cars/trucks?" . Maybe they wouldn't pass smog? I'm sure the CA members here could point you in the right direction!:dontknow:

Damn I hate to see them like that.
its much better than seeing them flat...(a couple years ago they closed about 8 old junkyards around here (when scrap was high)and all you saw for weeks was stacks of old iron on flatbeds getting hauled out o town) at least like this you can still pick parts..

ahhh I just love it when they double stack them like that... a sound way to get yourself killed. About happened to me..

Id take that '64 in like half a sec.

If that yard was around me... I would be busy every sec of every day out there.

-RPM

ahhh I just love it when they double stack them like that... a sound way to get yourself killed. About happened to me..

Id take that '64 in like half a sec.

If that yard was around me... I would be busy every sec of every day out there.

-RPM

When I first got my 68 (too long ago) I ran across a yard in downtown St. Louis that has a fastback withthe 383 callouts on the hood. I so wanted to get things off the car but it had 5 cars stacked on top of it and I was afraid I would wind up under them all. hated to see it and they had no interest in digging it out for me.

Everything that is there would be enough material and parts to finish my car...............

So lets get some GPS coordinates for this place and I am in on the roadtrip. I need some sheetmetal so I will bring a sawzall will me.

Jeff

I've been to a few around Alberta but don't recognize that one.

Ya know.... you guys out West are spoiled rotten. When ever I'm out in the South-West I spot junkyards full of cars nicer than what I drive. You guys don't know the pleasure of soaking suspension components in penetrating oil for D-A-Y-S in the hope of loosening two pieces of metal fused together by rust.... Or using a torch to heat up a piece so it can expand enough to loosen the death-grip rust has on parts. Ever have a cherry-red shock absorber sleeve fall in your work boot? While your hands are full? Nah... didn't think so. You West coast guys.... wrenching with your flip-flops and shorts on under Palm trees drinking Lemonade. Rust? Go Google it.....

<Bastards!> Your recycling yards are better than our used car lots.....

There.... I feel better. I'm going to bed. G`nite!

-
Back