Books

-

pacuda59

pacuda59
Reaction score
I've recently come over to MOPAR from the world of Corvette. Picked up a beautiful 69 Barracuda convertible last week with a perfect body (no rust)! My question is, what books should I be picking up to help me with my limited mechanical ability?
Thanks for your help and looking forward to being part of the community!

Get all the factory manuals you can find here or on e-bay. I prefer the book version of the manuals but some like the DVD type. Should be all you need unless you're going to modify the drivetrain.

when I bring my Dart into my mechanic (for things I don't want to tackle), he always asks me to make sure I leave those manuals in the car.

He never asked that about Chiltons, Haynes or Clymers manuals!

Just my .02

The factory manuals are second to none. I also would suggest a copy of Chrysler Muscle Parts Interchange 1968 - 1974. I have two copies that have different cars on the cover. Because of the different cars I thought they were different manuals but the contents are the same. Wait until one comes by at a decent price on eBay but don't be fooled by the seller that want $75 to $100 for one. They can be had for about $20.00 shipped in new condition. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chrysler-Mu...091?pt=US_Nonfiction_Book&hash=item231500fac3 I think they may be in print again so you might look in to that.
Also I would pick up a Hollander Interchange Manual around the 38th to 40th edition off eBay.
A Mopar parts manual is also great to have but are hard to get.

you found fabo- you don't need no stinkin' books!

(but the factory manuals are best, like these guys said :D)

I agree with abv posts, service manual, chrysler interchange manual 68-74 by Paul Herd, here is the link [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Chrysler-Interchange-1968-1974-Motorbooks-Workshop/dp/0760304203"]Amazon.com: Chrysler Muscle Parts Interchange Manual, 1968-1974 (Motorbooks Workshop) (3700160304204): Paul Herd: Books[/ame]
As oklacarcollector said, dont pay the full price, be patient and get one a lot cheaper.

I prefer the factory manuals on DVD. That way you can print just the info you need and take it out to the car when you're working on it. Saves having to take the entire manual with you and risk dirt, grease, or damage.
BTW, welcome to FABO. Glad to see another convert from the 'dark side'.

Great...thanks.
I'm about to go to Ebay and start a search. I'd like to do as much of the work as possible, got a lot to learn.

-
Back