Booster hitting valve covers. What to do?

-

64bluefish

Reaction score
I have a 360 in my '64 Barracuda. I've put the MP cast valve covers on and the brake booster hits them. I know I can put the stamped covers on but would like to run with the cast.
How can I fix this?
I've heard that there is an offset booster.
Is there one and what years am I to look for?
Thanks
Mark

I'm not sure this info can help you :dontknow: and I don't know much about "your" booster, however (E-bay) now has a Booster relocation kit for a HEMI? Worth maybe a look and investigation. Sorry don't have the link, but it's under BRAKE BOOSTER (Pg2)

Good Luck,
PS Nice looking wheels dude :thumblef:

Yea, I'd seen those too.
Somebody had told me that there was a stock setup that the booster was offset.
I guess I could also go manual.
I've already converted to disk/drum. Not sure what this would feel like?
My booster is the original '64.

64bluefish said:
Yea, I'd seen those too.
Somebody had told me that there was a stock setup that the booster was offset.
I guess I could also go manual.
I've already converted to disk/drum. Not sure what this would feel like?
My booster is the original '64.

Humm, I did see an offset booster today, but it was for Chev (had a range to about 45 degree off center). That's what you would want (but MOPAR). Don't know for sure if you could even mod and use a chev booster setup. :wack: As for changing to manual???? I would re-post this question and see what the other guys think or what they have with disc's.
Good Luck there Buds :salut:

in one of the issues of mopar action ran into this problem. they replaced it with a smaller dia. unit. but i'm not sure what it came off. you might check their tech archives on their website

I wasn't able to find that article but I'm not sure there would be a smaller dia. booster than mine. It's pretty small compared to others that I've looked at.
I've decided to go with manual brakes for now and see if I like that.
Thanks
Mark

-
Back