booster master cyl combo help

-

hamsterhats

Reaction score
I found that I have a leak in the p brake booster. I am ordering a 7" dual diaphram cylinder combo from jegs. Is there anything i should know before ordering? Do i need an adaptor or anything to make it fit? Also i want to get pads and shoes, i just don't know what pads to get. It has front disc and rear drums, don't know what the discs are from, don't know what size to get.

what is the item number from jegs that you are thinking of buying?

You will most likely have to do some modifications to make it fit and attach the pedal to.

Why not just get a direct replacement unit from napa or rockauto?

From that link:

Most applications will need modifications done for Power Booster to fit properly (Brackets and Pedal Rod Extensions are available)
For Disk applications

So that one will work with front brakes and will mostly require extra work to get it to fit into your system properly.

Do whatever you want, I can understand wanting a smaller booster. I would just ask yourself if it's worth the extra effort. That's my $.02.

still need to know how to ask for pads, don't know what my front discs are from?

Unless you really trust the counter clerk at yor parts house to properly look up the linings, carry samples with you. Ask for most likely and if its wrong try something dfferent. Most likely would be 73 Dart V8 disc brakes.
If you coul post a pic of your brake assemblies, we might identify them for you.

Let me know where you get this factory replacement booster from as I tried for months to get a rebuild unit from NAPA without any luck. They never seem to have any cores to rebuild.
I bought a used one from a member here last fall and it was a waste of money as it is a real POS with a HUGE vacuum leak.
My original is leaking now too so I'm getting despirate here.

George

george, after work i am going to make the rounds, i will pm you with the results.

Have you looked at Master Brakes ? Sorry I dont have the web link. Good luck

still on the fence about the booster , i really want a smaller one. Does anyone have experience putting a smaller, lets say 7" booster?

thanks sg, just ordered it, little more expensive than the others, but will fit nicely!

-
Back