Holley 850cfm on bracket race engine whit 50/50
street/strip,
Barry grant
Demon
Aed
Proform
Quickfuel
what is the best ??

I think this is one of those questions where there is no "best". Annular boosters are supposed to give you a little better throttle response due to the finer atomization of the fuel coming out of the booster. I have an 850 annular Speed Demon on my 440 and it runs about the same with that carb as it does with a Big's Holley 850 dogleg. Here is an annular vs dogleg comparison that Car Craft did a while back: http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles/116_0508_carburetor_showdown/index.html

annular or down leg

down legs are the least restrictive.

annular booster mix the fuel better than the other down/stright/etc boosters.
Annular boosters are a lil more restrictive only due to size in a comparable down leg same 'cfm rating' But they size the venturi to compensate, so it is what it is 'cfm' wise but with better mixing/spread of the fuel/air.jmo

It's on the big side of cfm 'per build' where you will really see the annular shine while the down leg becomes per say 'lazy' response wise.jmo

ok, i think i go whit annular boosters, because the enginge never go much under 3000rpm, if i understand right...
Thank you fabo lovers !!!

annular boosters help everywhere in the rpm range.

you being above 3000rpm all the time matters not.

if you ran on the big side cfm wise 'a lil too big carb for your motor' the annular boosters would out preform the down leg.

I called Quikfuel the other day asking about the Annular vs. Down-leg & straight, he told me my best bet would be the down-leg for all around perf., the Annulars do go fat in the upper RPMs though thay have a stronger signal & throttle response, sometimes too much to compensate in the curve though, so i would say they are the best for a street car that doesn't see alot of racing & high RPMs, The straight boosters have the weakest signal (i've heard this before), but work best in a high RPM engine, the down-legs give a better all around signal vs. the straight & are the least restrictive too air flow, the Annulars have the best signal, but like he said, they tend to go "fat" in most cases, so there not always the best choice if you do alot of racing, i asked him why Holley converted over too the straight leg in the 3310, he said in a nut shell it was to save $$$ & make it simple, this was to be a versatile carb that would fit most engines & not so much the earlier 396s & such of the day with its 780 cfm, so there wasn't much to them, they discontinued the rear MB to also save $$$.

ok, 830/850cfm and with vicktor jr intake and xe295hl 3.91 gears, i whant a HOT street a-body to kick *** with !

Can you supply more on what it's going on engine wise and what the car is supposed to be doing for you.

-
Back