Boring Dart Setup - no really.. sizing question

-

Vsloun

Reaction score
So I have a 67 base dart /6 with 13's.. well they don't make tires in the same overall diameter that aren't trailer tires.. I thought about going to 14's but the local junkyard wants $95/wheel for the sbp wheels...

So for that price I was thinking about doing these.. 15x7 with a 4.25 backspace in a 5 x4" pattern at all 4 corners..

http://www.specialtywheel.com/product-showcase/mopar/mopar-standard-steel-small-bolt-pattern-powder-coat.html

If I do this will the stock hubcaps still fit? Going from 13's to 15's? Hubcaps from the white car attached.

And then BFG radials in P225/60R15 maybe something a little smaller in the front? Looking through the wheel thread I don't see many darts that are completely stock. Most have rear springs relocated/minitubs etc. I would like to have a bigger rear tire but I don't know if it would be better to run the same all around.

I'm only 15, this is going to be just a driver, planning on staying with a sbp and 9" drums for now. Might upgrade to front discs and get rid of the 7 1/4" rear end but that will be a few years down the road.

Thanks,

John

Attachments

• IMG_0365.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 391
  • side shot.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 387
Hopefully you haven't pulled out your wallet yet. Summit Racing has these Wheel Vintiques for $16 a piece cheaper with no shipping charges. Stock set up, I would run the same size tire all the way around so that you can rotate them front to rear for even tire wear.

Rather than requesting the thread be deleted, why not post the answer? It was (is) a good question and there will be others who may want the answer.
My question is whether those 15's and big skins up front will have any interference hitting the front frame rail?
If you were closer I would give you one 14" sbp steelie just to get it out of my shop - before I turn it into a garden hose hanger or something else...
You might try a wanted post. There could be some FABO members close to you that would give you a break on some 14's.
C

I think you need to look a little harder.
Local tire shops couldn't find anything, tire rack didn't have anything, ended up finding a discontinued recontinued tire, a maxxis ma-1 on a corvair forum. It'll work for now until I save up the $$ for a front disc and rear end swap and bbp wheels/tires.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 231
...My question is whether those 15's and big skins up front will have any interference hitting the front frame rail?...
No they won't. I the have exact setup on my car, '69 Dart GTS, different wheels but same dimensions: 15x7, 4.25 backspacing, 225/60-15 tires all around.
071511_02-1.JPG

Local tire shops couldn't find anything, tire rack didn't have anything, ended up finding a discontinued recontinued tire, a maxxis ma-1 on a corvair forum. It'll work for now until I save up the $$ for a front disc and rear end swap and bbp wheels/tires.

Try summit racing. There are a bunch on there. One that caught my eye was this

Mastercraft 05807

55$

8.58 section width

26.78 diameter

blackwall

No they won't. I the have exact setup on my car, '69 Dart GTS, different wheels but same dimensions: 15x7, 4.25 backspacing, 225/60-15 tires all around.

That is a beautiful car there 69!
C

-
Back