Bosch plugs falling apart....

-

frederick_76

Reaction score
Any one ever have the Bosch Platinum plugs fall apart inside the cylinders?? I had 3 come apart. The "tang" are intact, but the centers are broken off. Any one see this before??

Im very certain that the motor is junk. Ill Google Bosch when i get time... I've just never seen this before...

lol....Variable Gap Technology.....sorry for your loss.

Champion or NGK.....period.

never had it happen in the 20 plus yrs the motor has been together. Always use Bosch Platinums. Guess gonna change that probably go to E3 or somethin

E3's are hype. Old iron likes old plugs. Platinum, iridium, plutonium..are all for EFI. I like Nippondenso U grooves...of not A/C Delco.

Bosch plugs are crap. I'm not surprised one bit. I have fixed several miss Fires just by taking those pieces of **** out. We used to make a joke at the shop. "I bet it's got Bosch plugs in it!" Sure as hell, yep! It's got Bosch plugs in it!

I purchased E3's for my 99 Suburban with 70,000 miles and no issues. The motor immediately developed a huge missfire. E3's also gave a friend of mine with a custom Hemi Ram missfires as well.

We had this happen to a friends Wrangler after a fresh tune up. The ground straps fell off two plugs and he shut it down right away. We bore scoped the two cylinders and found that the straps blew out the exhaust valve. The plugs went back to the parts store and were exchanged for Champions. A few weeks later we got a letter from Bosch claiming that the bosch plugs we used wern't made by Bosch but were Chinese knock offs. Whatever!

As someome in the Parts Business, Bosch plugs are crap. Yes I have heard of this happening. E3's as said are Hype! Just like the Splitfires from years ago. Stick with a Good Brand, & as NGK is making 80-90% of the spark plugs out there for all the rest of them, go with them.

JUNK.... Big Time. We installed a set in a Chevrolet and it ran like dog crap. We removed them and installed another brand in ran perfect again. Not No but H&LL NO!!

bosch o2 sensors arent bad, ive used them, they do the job. i bought a 73 D100 that had a set of Bosch platinums in it, it did everything but run decent. complete dog, started hard, idled like crap, eventually it fouled out a couple. slapped a set of champions in it, completely changed how that engine ran. It was literally night and day. I had run champions forever, good ol copper cores, and decided id try a set of platinums in my 74 powerwagon. It definitely starts faster, takes less pedal pumps to fire off, and idles much smoother. I run an MSD digital 6AL, blaster SS coil, and accel 8mm graphite core wires in that. Now my dart i figured id try a set of NGK V-powers just to see how they did. It starts just as well as the truck, Idles just as smooth, and has much snappier throttle response compared to the copper core champions i had in it. That car has an analog MSD 6A, with a Blaster high vibration coil, and napa belden red 8mm graphite core wires. Personally id save the money and get the NGK V-powers over the champion platinums any day, and prefer them over the copper cores as well. Ford FE V8s LOVE v-powers as well. The two plugs i try to stay the hell away from is bosch and autolite.....never had anything good come from running them, personally. I know plenty of people who love them, but Im not one of them. Also, any AC Delco plug that has the hex and threads nickel coated, are made by champion, the black hex and threads are not, Im not entirely sure who makes the black ones, but the nickel ones are supplied by champion.

are bosch o2 sensors garbage too ?

No not saying there products are garbage. They just do not make decent spark plugs. NGK makes 80-90% of the spark plugs on the market today, for all they other company's. NGK plug wires are also superior to other brands as they use OEM plug boots on there wire sets & fit as an OE set would, without the Dealer price. NGK O2 sensors are also "Exact Fit" units, unlike other brands that are "will fit" or "should fit". There O2's are direct plug & play replacement parts.

-
Back