bought 69 have a 71 need advice...

-

Dart_Guy

Reaction score
So today I picked up a 1969 340 Dart that turned out to be in just a little better shape then my 71 swinger. I am kind of bummed to have to get rid of the 71, but I couldn't resist the 69.

My 71 currently has a 360 waiting to rebuilt. It runs. I got to drive it before I bought it out of a 78 Cordoba.
904 tranny from the Cordoba as well.
So far I rebuilt the entire front steering and new ball joints and what not.
I also added disc brakes from a 73 dart. Single caliper, jsut need a master cylinder and prop valve.
I also added a V8 K-member with the spool mounts.
The engine bay is down to bare steel ready to be painted.
A set of large bolt pattern rallyes.
Had a new axle ready to be built but I called it off, so the car still has the little axle.
Interior overall is good, except the front seat has whole in it and the dash pad is cracked pretty bad.
Got the rimblow steering wheel with 2-3 cracks and no horn button.
Overall the car is pretty solid, only rust is in the 3 of the 4 corners and has a solid floor in it. the truck has got surface rust and is worst in the tire bin, but no wholes yet. Pitted though.

So that being said here is the question... I want to sell the 71 as is just to keep it easy... Is it worth anything as a package and how much if it is?
Or should I part it out and try to put some parts on the 69, such as the brakes and what not. Which brings up the next question, will that sort of stuff fit on the 69?

Basically, if I get enough cash and sell the 71 project car, whether its all together or parted out I will start over on the 69. If I can't get enough cash I will part it out keeping what I can for the 69.

thanks

Good Buy Dart Guy!
Of course I'm partial to '69 340 Darts. I had a '69 340 Swinger that I bought used in very early '70. Eventually got stupid and built it to run NHRA Super Street (10.90 index). Went through a divorce but kept the kids, the house, and the Dart. Eventually sold it after I re-married and current wife didn't have the interest to race.
To make a too long story shorter, I had a Mopar relapse just over a year ago and bought another '69 Dart on eBay - it's currently in the garage still in the construction phase.
To answer one of your questions, yes the disc brakes will fit on your '69.
Good luck with you 'new' project and bless us with pics of your build progress.

Thanks for the input. I am leaning heavily towards parting out the car and scrapping the left overs... It's a shame becuase it is pretty solid, but at least some of it can go to good use.

I will be posting pics pretty soon. I am picking it up tomorrow and trying to clean up the 71 to swap places so it is not outside for too long.

is it a running ,driving car now?Im partial to the 70-71 darts myself,i dont think youd have much trouble selling it,unless you wantes a mint for it,the way the economy is right now

No, it is not running. Pretty much as far from running as it could get. I was just about to take the engine to be rebuilt when I found the 69. It was going to cost me just as much to get the 360 rebuilt as it was to buy the 69 dart.

I am going to post it on Craigslist today or tomorrow just to see if anyone bites on package deal. It will be a very affordable and reasonable price as I don't much in it anyway.

I might would be interested in the car,without the engine,to finish my 71 dart,and build one for my wife.Ive got a few small blocks,and a good runing 400 i could put in it,if some one dont buy the 400 first,lol

-
Back