Bought a 340 Demon

-

elsinore401

Reaction score
Well, back into the a-body world again. Bought a 72 demon 340, numbers matching engine and trans. Let me know what the experts think. Feel free to point out any incorrect or fishy items. That is how I make my stuff better. Was repainted in the 80's some time. Stripes were changed from black to white according to the fender tag. Also, tag says bench seat and it has buckets, do they look like the right ones? Thanks guys.View attachment 001.jpg

View attachment 003.jpg

View attachment 004.jpg

View attachment 006.jpg

View attachment 011.jpg

View attachment 013.jpg

View attachment 014.jpg

Thanks guys...wasn't cheap.... 17k , no rust I can see. Maybe in the drivers door jamb, hard to tell if it seam sealer or bondo, going with seam sealer. Fender tag pic is too blurry, will get a good one tomorrow tb3 tb3 paint e55 d21 engine and trans, both vin's match. v6x v8x m21 m43 n95 gb5 interior...n41 n42 exhaust not too much else on there.

What are your plans with the car ?
Are you trying to bring the car back to factory spec ?

The buckets are 73 by the way.

Very nice car! :thumbup:

Hard to tell without a straight on side shot, but it looks like the stripes run a little low on the quarters. Maybe its just the wheel opening trim and low resolution of the pictures throwing me off.

Below are some samples from cars that I've been told were original/correct.

And I'm sure you know, but it looks like you've got a reproduction Tuff wheel with the grey/whitish paint on the spokes. I only know because I have one just like it. At least yours has the right horn button on it. :D

Looks like you did good to me! :glasses7:

Attachments

• Picture 389.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 373
  • FirstDayHome21.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 359
  • FirstDayHome32.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 377
Thanks for the info already guys, yeah I am gonna bo back closer to stock. I am gona sell those cragars and the tires, funny, they are brand new with firestone indy 500 tires. I got the stock rally's with it. I know a few things for sure, I want to go back to a round shift knob, It came with a new edelbrock carb, and a later TQ, still has trap door air cleaner, has hooker headers ceramic coated, look brand new. Stock exhaust is in the trunk. Checked the casting numbers today. Dash wood grain part was painted with a dull brush or something. gotta fix that.

Cherry ride...Post when you get it back the way you want it. Always loved those Demons.

Thanks again guys, this site rocks. it sounds like I know what I'm talking about, but most of it I learned right on here doing research. I had no idea what a "trap door" air cleaner was 2 weeks ago.

Looks identical to my 72 340 demon. Only a few differences, I had white buckets with a console, but that's nothing. Your car is 100% cleaner than mine.

Aj

Sweet Demon. I am currently restoring my 72 340 Demon with the identical paint scheme.

Those Cragars look pretty good to me - perfectly period wheels. I would just drive it as is unless you just have to have rallys.

Ya done good.

Some good ideas regarding the cragars guys. I wonder what a fair price for them would be? 600 maybe. they are like new, they probably cost 1000 when he bought them recently.

Very nice Demon & great color combo!! It's good to see another Demon in town :thumblef: Maybe they'll magically multiply LOL

Nice Demon you got! It looks good with the white stripes on it.

-
Back