Bought a 70 Dart Custom Parts car and I have a question.

-

BigWhi

Reaction score
I bought the car because it has a very nice roof skin and front disc brakes that I want to swap over to my 71 Scamp. I was looking at the rear end and I know just about nothing when it comes to this stuff. Can anyone tell me what i have here? I just have a 7 1/4 under my scamp now and I'm thinking this is an 8 1/4. Would that be worth the swap?

Mopar_rear_id.jpg

Snap a photo when you can.. It may be a 8 1/4 if it has a bolt on cover.Could be a 8 3/4 (No cover) or who knows maybe you scored a Dana 60 !! A photo will tell the story....

Darter6 there is 6 pictures if you scroll through them. May have put them in separate. Sorry about that.

Looking at the photo of the car someone may have swapped in a B body 8 3/4 by the way the tires are clearing the body.Just guessing.

Looking at the photo of the car someone may have swapped in a B body 8 3/4 by the way the tires are clearing the body.Just guessing.
Yeah I noticed it sticks out quite far as well.

I seen this picture but I guess I'm stupid I can't tell which it is. It looks like the 8 3/4 rear end to me but not sure.

8 3/4 drops out the front and has no bolts on the rear. by far the easiest to identify. looks like an 8 1/4 to me

8 3/4 drops out the front and has no bolts on the rear. by far the easiest to identify. looks like an 8 1/4 to me
So if it's a 8 1/4 from a bbody then it's pretty much no use to me. Correct?

Looks like a 8 1/4 to me. Looking in a little phone screen though. Nothing wrong with a 8 1/4. Much better then a 7 1/4. Would be big bolt too

Is the rear wide or is it just because it has deep dish rims that they stick out.

Measure backing plate to backing plate. Measure c to c on the spring perches and see if they have been moved or not.

Are you going to post a list of the parts that you are going to sell once you have what you need off of the car? Just curious.

Sorry, I didn't see that there were 6 photo's !! yep 8 1/4''. As long as your not putting 600 HP in front of it, the 8 1/4'' rears are good. They have many different gear ratios and sure grips available.

Sorry, I didn't see that there were 6 photo's !! yep 8 1/4''. As long as your not putting 600 HP in front of it, the 8 1/4'' rears are good. They have many different gear ratios and sure grips available.
Awesome I appreciate your help.

Are you going to post a list of the parts that you are going to sell once you have what you need off of the car? Just curious.
Scampman, there isn't much on the car worth anything. The original owner wanted the grill and chrome strip on the hood and I'm taking the disc break setup, roof, and rearend. My best friend is taking manual steering and there is no interior and all panels are beat or cut lol.

Wheels are deep dish, really deep. If you get wheels off, measure drum face to drum face.

57 ish? My a body axles are 27-13/16.x2 plus roughly 1 inch for cross pin.

-
Back