Bought another Mopar today

-
I pulled a piece of insulation just like that out from under the intake on my 1966 383 2bbl Newport. I am curious about it too.
attachment.php

I pulled a piece of insulation just like that out from under the intake on my 1966 383 2bbl Newport. I am curious about it too.
attachment.php

Thats insulation to keep the carb/intake somewhat cool from the heat of the engine. How effective it was well.....

attachment.php

at least yours wasnt covered in rat poop like ones i usually get ...i even had one that had been burnt....looked like a baked potato gone horribly wrong.

Any updates?

I replaced the brake booster myself (thanks FABO for the help,) that cured the miss, yay. Had the car checked over prior to any road trips and ended up ordering a new gas tank. It will be back on the road in a few days, then I expect to really start enjoying it. I sold my other daily driver so it will be just me and the Monaco, for now anyway:cheers:

A discriminating person of taste,(you like mopars!) needs a change once in a while.Normally ,I like ragtops,.These cars grow on you quickly.

Always loved the 60's era Monaco's. Had a 68 Monaco 500 and a 67 Monaco Not only because they are cool cars but also because I share the name with them. Monaco is also my last name.

Always loved the 60's era Monaco's. Had a 68 Monaco 500 and a 67 Monaco Not only because they are cool cars but also because I share the name with them. Monaco is also my last name.

Very cool Tom, I remember you saying that. Thanks!

Awesome car! What color is it?

Thanks! It's MM1 Turbine bronze, also called bronze poly sometimes, the color was introduced in Spring 1966, but was also the color Chrysler used on the 1963 Turbine car.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 90
That is something that I found to be done on a couple of engines I have had, and was told that it was a simple/cheap way to create a barrier to reduce excess heat transfer from engine valley pan area up to the intake manifold.

On you random no start, I would clean the bulkhead connections.
Take a close look at the trans shifter linkage, make sure none of the bushings are wore.
If it does it again, move the shifter back and forth to see if you have a neutal safety switch issue.
Nice ride by the way.

Just now saw this post. Great looking C body!! A friend of mine picked up a 68 Plymouth Fury III 4dr as a freshman in h.s.(1996) Was told the 318 was blown up in it and got it for $50. This was straight and clean, the only rust was two spots each being the size of a golf ball just behind the wheel wells on the rear. It was like a sea/aqua color. Very beautiful car. All he did was put a fuel pump on it and it started right up!!! Ended up putting a cam, intake, and 4bbl on it. Went everywhere in that thing. Not sure what he ever did with it. He may still have it as I haven't seen him in years.
Also, right after H.S. he picked up a 65 Sport Fury 2dr w/poly 318. Zero rust and near excellent Black paint. Sharp car. Ended up putting a 440, 833 4spd, headers, etc in it. Still has it that I know of.

There's a 68 Fury III just few blocks from me that I see every week that looks to have zero rust that I keep eyeballing and wondering how I can pick it up, even though I don't see a for sale sign on it, lol :)

If I ever start a family you better believe that I will own a big C body to drive them around in. I would love to put a brand new Hemi in one and take it on road strips across the country.

-
Back