Bought my Feather Duster... from a biker gang

-
What an awesome story, good luck with your new find....welcome to the show..

I grew up in Whitewater, now living in the south....

Our Biker Clubs in most cases and in every state are helpful to there community and states need's :happy10:, We are very proud of or Biker's here in Arkansas.8), With that said :happy10:
I think you got an outstanding deal on the car even if it's not a feather lite.
Welcome aboard and congratulations on your new A body.:cheers:

Is this the "gang" you bought your car from? If so, you aint so tough! :toothy10:

Cool car, looks like a fun project!

Attachments

• Every-Which-Way-But-Loose-1978-John-Quade-pic-6-563x320.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 258
Is this the "gang" you bought your car from? If so, you aint so tough! :toothy10:

LOL naw, mine looked like rednecks on acid! :axe:

And I love bikers, don't get me wrong. Nothing wrong with motorcycles, or the people who drive them... usually. This guy had a rap sheet longer than my arm, though. What a guy! Betcha he's kicking himself for selling it so cheap.

Years ago I used to own a wrecking yard and I got a car off this biker in a trade,it was a peice of junk called a Hyundai Stellar which I don't think they even tried to sell in the U.S.
I nicknamed it the "Smeller" cause the inside smelled like a gym bag full of dirty week old underwear and the one time I tried to drive it the heater core blew and puked antifreeze and rust all over the cheap carpet which made it hot,humid and stink even worse...I think I sent to the crusher shortly after that...

Hope you have better luck with your Duster...I vote to keep the Dukes mags and pushbar.

Hope you have better luck with your Duster...I vote to keep the Dukes mags and pushbar.

Yeah, I'm thinkin I'm gonna keep 'em both. Gives it an interesting vibe. If I ever start taking myself seriously, though, that pushbar is coming off. Thankfully, I probably won't start taking myself seriously anytime soon.

I vote lose the bird **** and push bar
keep the turbine mags
cool car which ever way you decide to go with it

X2 -- dump the bird **** and keep the Vectors. I just got my first Duster too. They are fun. This FORUM rocks.

HAY THATS MY CAR!!!!!!!!!! IT WAS STOLEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just funning with you
Welcome to FABO
P.S. I am a member of a world wide biker "CLUB" so watch it.

My dad has a '76 FD that we will get to someday I hope. It's really rusty and B5 blue with blue interior along with the 3 speed o/d transmission. We traded a '72 Ford pickup for it in about '99.

I like your car..it's cool.

Welcome to FABO.The pushbar kinda eliminates the term..Feather Duster.I,d lose that real quick.LOL.Maybe put it on your Jeep?I,d also get it legal,just incase the biker borrowed it???:glasses5:LOL

Nice find.......I am sure some of the members of the "Biker Club" lost a few dollars on an inside bet wether you would get the car running or not......those are the ones I'd be looking over my shoulder for......... my advice ....keep the push bar .....it may come in handy.

Kudos to getting the car running.......just proves the old Mopar proverb "Old Mopars never die"
Oh.......welcome to the forum!

So, I just spoke with the guy whose name was on the title... sent him a friend request on facebook, and 30 seconds later my phone rings...
"suppose you're trying to get the title from me"
"actually, I have the title. That's how I got your name."
"Oh.... well, my signature is forged."

he's cool about it, though. says I can have the car. "Tom will get his when the IRS takes his house and his business. And if you ever decide to sell the car, let me know."

Holy. ****.

This is you talking correct?

"actually, I have the title. That's how I got your name."

Maybe paint the brush guard black? That might be cool?
You figure people spend thousands on getting there car to look mint. Sometimes I think the "old school" beat up look, looks even better for much less! :)

-
Back