Bought my new project! 71 Barracuda

-

rklein383

Reaction score
It's not an A-body, But this is really close to my very first Mopar. I had a 71 340 Cuda in high school that was gold with a bronze top. This one is a 318 Barracuda with a bunch of Cuda stuff on it that is gold with a white top. This is an AC car and the seller threw in some extra stuff to sweeten the deal.

Will be selling my 383S fastback once I get done rebuilding the original engine to fund the project.

I know there are a lot of fellow members out there that don't like E-bodies, but it is hard to get past your first car.

Rod

Attachments

• BCuda.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 410
Cool! What are the details? Color, motor, trans, options???? Hope to see it at the Amarillo events soon!

It's not an A-body, But this is really close to my very first Mopar. I had a 71 340 Cuda in high school that was gold with a bronze top. This one is a 318 Barracuda with a bunch of Cuda stuff on it that is gold with a white top. This is an AC car and the seller threw in some extra stuff to sweeten the deal.

Will be selling my 383S fastback once I get done rebuilding the original engine to fund the project.

I know there are a lot of fellow members out there that don't like E-bodies, but it is hard to get past your first car.

Rod

I like that one, just fine. Go with it, if it's what your heart, tells you. (I like notch 67-69 'Cudas, it's all personal.) Subscribed...

Rod

I will take it off your hands for ya!!!! Love 71 Cudas!!:burnout:

I drove a 71 b,cuda in high school - put a 360 in it. Just after high school I found a 71 B'cuda ragtop and put a 340 in it... I love to have either one back... Sold the last one in 989........ Nice score!

I have no idea how many miles it has....Its a 318, 904 column shift car. Has bucket seats. Included in the deal is a rally dash, floor shift steering column, front disc brakes in the trunk, exhaust tips.

This car will never return to stock. Plans are four wheel discs, rack and pinion steering, gear vendors overdrive, 5.9 magnum, sub-frame connectors, newer bucket seats, at most 17 inch wheel (really thinking about staying with 15's). I am gonna keep it mostly looking old school with nice upgrades underneath. I want to drive this baby everywhere!

Go rebuild.
I have a few E-body part I don't need.
Had a 71 cuda, 71 challenger at the same time.
Decent cars.

Rod

Don't like e bodys fellow members you must be un-American.. Will trade rare a bodys all day long for common e bodys hit me up..

Man I love the way those Keystones look on it. I would definitely keep those if it was my car. Love the idea of keeping it old school looking, but upgrading all the handling and stuff.

My first car was a 70 340 3 speed manual trans cuda conv , i still own it today , E bodys are just plain cool cars good luck with your new ride

Rod

I like E bodies, and even B bodies and also A bodies. Hell, would even drive a C body.
Mopar = Mopar. BTW I have a 70 Cuda 383 4spd project car on the sidelines

Awesome project car!!! :prayer: If you were to decide to go down the rabbit hole of installing a 5.7 Hemi, they fit in an E-body with minimum hassle, and you can have power steering. The Gear Vendors OD will work fine, with just a little beating on the trans tunnel with a BFH. I put one in a 71 Challenger that was a column shift automatic with bucket seats, and you couldn't tell where the tunnel was modified under the carpet. That being said......if I had it to do over again, I'd have used a 518 OD transmission instead. A 518 CAN be installed without cutting the torsion bar crossmember. I have a 74 Cuda 360 that I plan on putting a 518 in. Good luck with your project, and have fun. O:)

Awesome project car!!! :prayer: If you were to decide to go down the rabbit hole of installing a 5.7 Hemi, they fit in an E-body with minimum hassle, and you can have power steering. The Gear Vendors OD will work fine, with just a little beating on the trans tunnel with a BFH. I put one in a 71 Challenger that was a column shift automatic with bucket seats, and you couldn't tell where the tunnel was modified under the carpet. That being said......if I had it to do over again, I'd have used a 518 OD transmission instead. A 518 CAN be installed without cutting the torsion bar crossmember. I have a 74 Cuda 360 that I plan on putting a 518 in. Good luck with your project, and have fun. O:)

Was planning on doing a four speed with the gear vendors overdrive. I will look into the 518 route though.

dont run off to FEBO - keep us posted. nice score!

Wow! Nice! Congrats!
My current focus is my '73/4spd small block Cuda. It also has a 360 in it. I didn't get the 340 when I picked it up for the now ridiculous price of $600. But that was when I was 20. I'm now (LOL) 48. Best $600 I ever spent since the car was and still is in a rag condition. Which affords some, "Not worried about what I do to it, or not" attitude.

Been street stripping, bang shifting, this ride without mercy ever since.

For a cruiser/driver, the 518 is a very good thought.
The 3spd, IMO should make way for an overdrive. Manual or automatic.
I'm not a big fan of the GV/OD, but, what ever floats YOUR boat is what you should do.

I don't get the hate for these cars. It's just another MoPar to me. My personal fav at that. Then again, I just can't seem to live life without a Duster ether.
Hummmmm

Was planning on doing a four speed with the gear vendors overdrive. I will look into the 518 route though.

Oh, ok....I may have overlooked that part. For about the same money as finding and fixing an 833 4 spd, and adding the GV overdrive, you could buy one of Jamie Passons new 855 5 spds and put in it. None of the electronic stuff from the GV to fool with, and bolts in with no mods. (other than putting stock pedals and a hump in your car)

Oh, ok....I may have overlooked that part. For about the same money as finding and fixing an 833 4 spd, and adding the GV overdrive, you could buy one of Jamie Passons new 855 5 spds and put in it. None of the electronic stuff from the GV to fool with, and bolts in with no mods. (other than putting stock pedals and a hump in your car)

Exactly!

-
Back