Boy, did I screw the pooch

-

Brooks James

VET, CPT, Huey Medevac Pilot
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Astronaut Gus Grissom popped the capsule too soon after it fell to the Atlantic.

It was said that he was so anxious to get out of the capsule, he prematurely popped the hatch ( no pun intended), which caused the Liberty capsule to sink the said that
"he screwed the pooch

In a way I screwed the pooch.I put Doug's D453 header on my 70 Dart.
Assuming that using a smaller filter would work. Not looking good.
Even if it were shorter it wouldn't work without hammering some tubes.
I sold two 90 degree filter adapters days before.

17031047980815777146108271270789.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Astronaut Gus Grissom popped the capsule too soon after it fell to the Atlantic.

It was said that he was so anxious to get out of the capsule, he prematurely popped the hatch ( no pun intended), which caused the Liberty capsule to sink the said that
"he screwed the pooch

If anyone has a 90 adapter for a small blk lying around,
I'd be willing to buy it.

View attachment 1716180886
Brooks, put you a wanted ad in the classifieds. You'll get responses quicker.

I bought one for Bazza's 318, but it didn't fit (RH drive car), and I gave up on the whole idea. And since it was installed I couldn't rightfully return it....

Jim

Uh, not sure what's wrong but I run Doug's D453's on my Duster with no 90° adaptor and a filter longer than that. I use these filters

Amazon product ASIN B0067ECW72
And I have a Canton high flow sandwich plate on there too, which is thicker than the OE ones.

Last edited:

"he screwed the pooch

If anyone has a 90 adapter for a small blk lying around,
I'd be willing to buy it.

View attachment 1716180886
Double oops! Or let's say you screwed the pooch and then had make up sex by asking for one and not starting a wanted thread. Shame on you! Did old Shep like it twice? :poke: :rofl:

A picture of the interference would help, because again, there should be no need for a 90° adapter with the Doug’s D453’s if the right oil filter is used. I’ve used several, including one longer than the K&N ps2004

I have used the Napa 1348 oil filter, smaller than the one you pictured. I do have a few 90* adapters if you need them.

So @wasteddays , what exactly do you disagree with? That a picture would help show us where the OP is having issues? Or that a 90° filter isn't needed with Dougs's D453's if you use the right oil filter?

Because pictures always help, and I've been running Doug's D453's with no 90° adaptor on my 340 with a Canton oil plate and a K&N PS2004 for many years now, it fits great. And the Canton oil plate is actually thicker than a factory oil plate, so that actually reduces the header clearance further.

-
Back