Boy is the economy sucking bad!!

-

Dartnewbie

Former Dart owner
Reaction score
Came to realize today that I am just not making enough money to keep doing the car thing and stay in my house at the same time. So I am asking what you think my 1963 Dodge Dart 170 4 door with a slant 6 904 may be worth to sell. You can see pictures of it in my gallery. Electric company came today to turn my power off so I had to pay that just to keep the lights on. Water company was here 2 weeks ago to do the same thing with my water. Just sucks that I never seem to have the money for bills so something has to change and I think it will have to be to sell the dart to catch up on bills. I have been using credit cards to pay bills and now they are maxed out and can't pay them either. No one's fault but it sucks. So give me what you think my car is worth so I can post it locally for sale. I'm hoping to get at least $2000 out of it which about half of what I have in it but having it and driving it don't pay any bills. I am done with my rant and I thank you for your time.

Wow, that sucks, I wish you the best of luck! Do you have any parts to sell to help? You can also sell just about anything on ebay too for some extra cash. I would think your car is a steal at $2000, I wish I could buy it, always liked those 63 Darts. I would start at $3000, you can always come down. Be sure to describe the car the best that you can if you sell it, plus, TONS of pics of everything will help a lot.

Hang in there Dartnewbie, something good will happen.
They can't eat ya or take away your birthday.
I've been scratchin **** with the chickens for 2 years now,
It ain't fun but I still get by and so will you.
I know words of encouragement don't feed the family but
but keep looking forward and something good will happen.

Well that really does suck, I do hope things turn around fro you soon...It has hit a lot of people late, I for one, but have not got to where I would have to sell my cars...been on unemployment for almost a year now and then my room mate moved out...Hang in there, it has got to get better soon

Back in '97 the IRS got my Harley..it was either that or the house. You do what you gotta do to survive and hang on to what you need most. Right now I have plenty of work but I broke my leg almost two months ago now and can't do the work to get paid so I'm in the hurtin' boat along with you. I've been thinkin' about selling a few cars as well. I've got three projects going right now, none of them going too strong. Don't have the credit card debt though been down that road before.
Good luck and hang in there, the Dart can be replaced down the road sometime.

Dave

I wish you the best of luck. Seems every month we come up short on bills even if we get the same pay check.. Hope things turn around soon for everyone.

Yes, the economy is pretty bad. I graduated with a Mechanical Engineering degree and a 3.78 GPA in December and still haven't landed a job yet. I have had very little interest at all in my resume either, despite actually working at an engineering firm for 2.5 years.

I still have hope that things will turn around for all of us. I don't think we'll be getting any help from Washington, D.C. so we need to do it on our own.

-
Back