Bracket layout

-

Hotwheels sr.

Reaction score
Does anyone have layout and measurements for the mounting brackets for the center console, 71 Demon? Also, anyone ever use an aftermarket shifter with a factory console? Thank you.

There were pictures with measurements from various points posted. There's also a paper template available from one of our members. User name Challenger maybe? I forget. Search "console template" might help.

I used a Hurst Pro-Matic (2-I think)(cant remember) Had to shave a little height off the top of the Shifter main "frame". I mounted the shifter where it was most comfortable for 1-2-3 from my driving position, then mounted console there. I ended up never re-installing any gear indicators though. Something I might fab up when I get to that point on the rebuild.

There were pictures with measurements from various points posted. There's also a paper template available from one of our members. User name Challenger maybe? I forget. Search "console template" might help.
I'll check for that, thanks

I used a Hurst Pro-Matic (2-I think)(cant remember) Had to shave a little height off the top of the Shifter main "frame". I mounted the shifter where it was most comfortable for 1-2-3 from my driving position, then mounted console there. I ended up never re-installing any gear indicators though. Something I might fab up when I get to that point on the rebuild.
Cool, thanks

I did this when you were lucky to even have a digital camera.
The drawing looks to have all the dimensions on it.

Did you look to see if your car has the tic marks the factory used for locating the brackets?
I know other have found them.

Alan

-
Back