Brake Bleeding Issues!

-

Texas69dart340

Reaction score
I Replaced everything on the brakes. New Hard Lines, Propotioning valve, Hold off valve, rubber lines, Master cylinder and wheel cylinders. I got all lines and valves from Inline tube. I have factory disc up front (Kelsey-Hayes) and the master cylinder is a new style master (with the adapter from 4 bolt to 2 bolt mount). I bleed and bleed and bleed again. Still i push and goes to the floor. I gravity bleed for about 2 hours. I got fluid out of all bleeders. I pressure bleed with the powermotive bleeder thru the master. I bleed with an Injector bleeder from the back to the front. Still to the floor. Pedal will pump up after about 5 pumps. I only have front brakes. I put the car in gear on jack stands and put it in gear the back will not stop no matter how many times i pump the pedal. Help!

Not to sound like a dumbass, but all other bleeders are closed when you do one corner? All lines and fittings are TIGHT? Sound like you're pulling air back into the system when your pulling the fluid through.

did you change the m/c push rod(manual brakes) for later m/c set up 2 bolt
p5249316 pushrod kit

Yes one at a time. I even had a buddy come out last week to pump the brakes while i opened up the bleeders one at a time starting at rr,lr,rf then lf. I called inline tube they sent me some instructions on bleeding the proportioning valve by finding which side i have flow. I have flow at the front side. I attached test light to lead wire and positive side of battery like the instructions showed opened front bleeders bleed the light never went off like it suppose to. I have been at these brakes for some time. I bleed bleed. I bet i have went through $50 dollars of brake fluid. I have never had this type of problem before bleeding brakes. It acts like I have a restiction to the rear brakes. Maybe a stuck valve in the proportioning valve?

Yes I changed the push rod and i have adjusted the rear brakes. I feels like I have a restriction. My helper pumped the brake I get a great steam out of the bleeder and a little air. Next time he pumps I barely get a dribble to come out.

Can the K-H calipers be mounted on the wrong sides of the car ? Common mistake with most other brake systems. The bleeder needs to be at the top.

I didnt know that there are mounted with the bleeder at the bottom. I have always had them that away and never had an issue, but I will switch them around.

The line goes in at the bottom and the bleed is at the top.
Other way around and you'll never get the air out.

-
Back