Brake booster and master cylinder assembly

-

74 360 dart sport

Reaction score
Where can I find a new oem brake booster and master cylinder assembly for my 74 dodge dart sport 360 I see all kinds of places on the internet but I want 1 that is like my original my original is shot it sat since 1983 and it had leaked and is all corroded any advice would be appreciated

CLASSIC INDUSTRIES 1-800-854-1280 classicindustries.com call for a free catalog. CAT#M219B
see pg 386-388. ALL Brand New oem factory parts, no rebuilt anything.

Last edited:
Add larger cordoba 11.80 " rotors, corresponding 2.75" cordoba caliper and cordoba caliper mounts. Then you wont need a booster.

Take the booster off and install a manual brake master. I used a new style aluminum. stops fine at over 130 mph I originally had a factory steel master . I went to aluminum for space.

22.jpg

Steve 102.JPG

Manual brake pushrod
4 bolt manual brake master cylinder

Or

Manual brake pushrod
4 bolt to 2 bolt master cylinder adaptor plate
2 bolt late model aluminum master cylinder

DoctorDiff has all 3 pieces. The adjustable pushrod, the firewall adaptor plate, and aluminum 2 bolt master cylinder with correct SAE threads to fit your brake lines. Will run you about $150. Great deal for a brand new MC thats sized correct to work with your stock diameter caliper pistons. Along with the adaptor, and adjustable pushrod.

Last edited:
Manual brake pushrod
4 bolt manual brake master cylinder

Or

Manual brake pushrod
4 bolt to 2 bolt master cylinder adaptor plate
2 bolt late model aluminum master cylinder

DoctorDiff has all 3 pieces. The adjustable pushrod, the firewall adaptor plate, and aluminum 2 bolt master cylinder with correct SAE threads to fit your brake lines. Will run you about $150. Great deal for a brand new MC thats sized correct to work with your stock diameter caliper pistons. Along with the adaptor, and adjustable pushrod.
I looked it up but I have a question do I need to change calipers or the flex hose with the t on the rearend can I use my rotors or will the adapter plate master cylinder and adjustable push rod all bolt up and work with my original brake equipment I dont have a proportioning valve and my distribution block is original also thank you o and the dr. Diff site kept showing a breather bolt

Bolt it up and go. Not sure why your mentioning changing out the rear line. This is designed to work with all your original disc brake equipment. Mopars dont have a proportioning valve, they have a distribution block, some have a distribution block with an added on hold off valve. This is designed to work with the rest of your existing system.

Bolt it up and go. Not sure why your mentioning changing out the rear line. This is designed to work with all your original disc brake equipment. Mopars dont have a proportioning valve, they have a distribution block, some have a distribution block with an added on hold off valve. This is designed to work with the rest of your existing system.
Awesome thank you very much this is the first time I have ever got a car in pieces and I'm really learning a lot from guy's like you I really appreciate it

4 wheel drum cars have distribution blocks

Front disc rear drum cars after 69 have proportioning valves

4 wheel disc just use the drum brake distribution block

Early 67-69 had the add on hold off block they were not that good that is why they went to a proportioning valve in 1970. An upgrade for a 69 and earlier if original don't matter. 70-73 pictured below. Its all I use unless 4 wheel disc. Later style 74-76 are much larger and used into the mid 80's

DSCN1700.JPG

Last edited:
Steve, i am putting 4 wheel disc on my sons 69 cuda. Cordoba big brakes on the front explorer rear discs on the back. Your recommending to stick with a 4 wheel drum proportioning valve? I am curious, can you explain why? Reason I ask was I was planning on using a GM type 4 wheel disc proportioning valve that mounts below the master cylinder, and just bend, flare, and run my own lines. You sir have more experience than i do with the 4 wheel disc stuff. This is my first foray into it.

Last edited:
4 wheel drum cars have distribution blocks

Front disc rear drum cars after 69 have proportioning valves

4 wheel disc just use the drum brake proportioning valve

Early 67-69 had the add on hold off block they were not that good that is why they went to a proportioning valve in 1970. An upgrade for a 69 and earlier if original don't matter. 70-73 pictured below. Its all I use unless 4 wheel disc. Later style 74-76 are much larger and used into the mid 80's

View attachment 1715575340
Mine looks like the 1 on the left

-
Back