Brake booster support brackets

-

moparmat2000

Reaction score
Hi Y'all,

I am installing a 74 dart power brake setup on my 67 barracuda. I noticed a dimple in the inner fender that would need to be drilled for the upper support bracket, the other longer bracket that supports it from underneath seems like it will interfere with my clutch pushrod.

Is anybody on here running power brakes with a manual shift. If so can you post pix of the correct support bracket location that drops down from the booster so it clears the clutch push rod.

Thanks
Matt

Hi Y'all,

I am installing a 74 dart power brake setup on my 67 barracuda. I noticed a dimple in the inner fender that would need to be drilled for the upper support bracket, the other longer bracket that supports it from underneath seems like it will interfere with my clutch pushrod.

Is anybody on here running power brakes with a manual shift. If so can you post pix of the correct support bracket location that drops down from the booster so it clears the clutch push rod.

Thanks
Matt

I just went through some pictures and found these two of my 69 Dart with power brakes and 4 speed. I might be able to come up with a better on later.
Jon

100_3203.JPG

100_3204.JPG

That does help me, also how did you end up routing your starter motor cable?

This car i am working on was a slant with manual everything, and half its parts were missing.

I am converting it to V8 with power steering and power disc brakes.

I put power brakes from a 73 in my 69 notch. 2 support brackets. I can get you pics tomorrow evening if you like. It's an auto tho so might not help you much..

Yeah that would be great. The one that goes to the inner fender i found the stamped dimple i have to drill for the bolt and nut, i would imagine the lower one would fit in the same spot on the firewall auto or stick. I have not been able to find a dimple to drill out for this one yet.

When I put a power booster on my 65 Dart, I installed brackets from a 74 slant, but left off the lower support, installing just the side support. I am using an aluminum MC, so lighter. New booster setups on ebay don't have the lower support.

When I put a power booster on my 65 Dart, I installed brackets from a 74 slant, but left off the lower support, installing just the side support. I am using an aluminum MC, so lighter. New booster setups on ebay don't have the lower support.
I am restoring my A body mopar booster and using a cordoba cast iron master cylinder, and large cordoba disc brakes and calipers on the front.

Here is a better shot of where the lower bracket attaches to the firewall.

100_3793.JPG

Yep, that def shows it. I will look for a dimple in the sheetmetal, and mock it all up. I copied your pic. Y'alls both have a nice stud welded to the strap. Mine has a bolt with a large nut looking spacer on it. I originally thought this was some sort of hokey previous owner devised deal, however i saw this on used brackets others were selling which leads me to believe this was a mod that mopar made to this bracket at least by 1974. Look at the bracket on the RH side of the pic. You will see the big nut looking spacer. It sets the bracket out from the firewall about 3/4"

Thanks
Matt

20160816_164314.jpg

Last edited:
I don't recall there being any kind of 'dimple' in the firewall. I just fou d the spot it natually fell and made sure it was close to what the donor looked like..

-
Back