Brake caliper help?

-

northeastmopar

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I am changing over the 72 Demon from drum to disc front brakes. I odered calipers from a 75 Dart Sport and I had to located them on the rear of the disc due to clearance issues with a factory installed sway bar which I do not want to compromise. I swapped the calipers sdie for side so the bleeders were at the top, but now the connection for the brake hose seems to be very close to and looking directly at the upper ball joint knuckle and leaves little room to get a hose to sweep back toward the frame rail connection. I read somewhere that if I got a caliper from another later model car, it would fit fine and the hose connection actually is tapped into the side of the round housing area on the caliper. Can anyone on here tell me what make model year caliper I should be looking at to do this. These are slide style, not pins. Thanks

Here is a picture of the right front side of my 1967 Barracuda. You can see the brake hose near the middle of the picture. It has a somewhat square connector on the end with a hole in it for a banjo bolt. It gives a nice 90 degree fitting and has worked well for me since 1987.

Attachments

• IMG_0680_edit.JPG
    127 KB · Views: 168
getimage.php

1980 to 1989

If you haven't use the calipers yet, take them back and get the ones for the 76 and newer. The 76 and newer use a bigger piston.

It says they fit a 1976-78 dodge aspen. Are those the bigger ones you are talking about?

I dont like the factory style brake lines with that metal tube, always seemed to be a PITA for me, making the brake hose too short. I got mine made at a custom hydraulic shop out of stainless braided line. think it was 45 bucks for the pair.

You these pads on your car and notice a HELL of a difference in stopping ability. I just put a set (front and rear) from EBC redstuff pads on my daily and all I can say is WOW! They are quite dusty when you first put them one but after about 100-150 city miles dust drops considerably. Just make sure you follow the break in instructions.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ebc-dp3678c

-
Back