-
Status
Not open for further replies.

tekslk

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
I just found these 5x4 conversion with 7/16 studs seams like a great kit, has anyone used it or know anything about it?
MOPAR DISC BRAKE CONVERSION A -BODY ONLY 65-76 ( 4.0 SMALL BOLT CIRCLE )
( 221204799583 )

I just found these 5x4 conversion with 7/16 studs seams like a great kit, has anyone used it or know anything about it?
MOPAR DISC BRAKE CONVERSION A -BODY ONLY 65-76 ( 4.0 SMALL BOLT CIRCLE )
( 221204799583 )

It's a stock 73+ disk set up with redrilled rotors and adaptor sleeves for the small upper ball joints.

Nice that it's all there, but if you can find a set of F/J/M spindles and caliper brackets at your local yard off of a 5th Ave or Diplomat (they had them all the way up to '89), you can do the 73+ swap, with all new parts except for the spindles and caliper brackets, for well under $500 if you're careful sourcing your parts. You can get the ball joint adaptors from Dr. Diff and keep your stock small ball joint UCA's. That leaves you plenty left to buy new BBP rear axles and brakes to match the front, and you'd never have to worry about finding SBP rear drums again.

In fact, you can buy the same kit for about $500 from Dr. Diff, the only difference will be that you'd get BBP rotors. http://www.doctordiff.com/10.95-front-disc-brake-kit.html Which again leaves you enough money left over to buy new BBP rear axles from Dr. diff, although if you bought the BBP rear drum kit new from him it would set you back a little more. Again, I'd just get those from the local yard, they came on darn near everything up until the 90's.

I like the fact that everything is there. No good junk yards in pa they crushed everything. I just got sbp cragers 2 years ago so Im gonna stay with sbp. Its only money they make it every day.

Suit yourself. I bought my 13" front brake kit from Dr. Diff for less than that.

Not to mention, you can get the entire kit from Dr. Diff for about $505 with the ball joint adaptors, and just have the rotors redrilled to 5x4" at your local machinist. I bet he'll charge a lot less than $490.

As far as your rims go, you might not be able to use them anyway, depending on your wheel size, backspace, and tires. The 73+ kit widens the front track width enough to cause problems if you're wheel/tire combo is already close to your fenders.

I think I will be ok onclearance/ I would sooner pay more for the right parts as to have to machine stuff 7/16 studs and all that crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back