brake conversion question

-

sublimeswinger

SUBLIME Senior Member
Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I read in the latest Mopar Muscle that you dont need 73 and up a body set up to change from drum to disk. That you can actullay use any from a b,c,etc. Does any one know about this and if so has anyone done this without using an a body set up?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I read in the latest Mopar Muscle that you dont need 73 and up a body set up to change from drum to disk. That you can actullay use any from a b,c,etc. Does any one know about this and if so has anyone done this without using an a body set up?

c body parts do not work, you need to re-read that article

screw mopar muscle... click on the link below..

http://www.bigblockdart.com/techpages/dbconversion.shtml

As a final note, MANY of these cars interchanged alot of parts - almost everything was standardized from 73-up, so almost all the disc brake parts are interchangable, all based on rotor size 11" or 11.75"- for example, an '81 New Yorker 11.75" rotor can be used on a 73 Charger disc spindle with a caliper from a 73 Dart and a caliper adapter from a 77 Cordoba - the only consideration is that the caliper bracket must match the rotor size. You just need to think of the raw parts and not the whole car.

If you study through the tech pages, including the Moog Part # page, you'll find alot of similarities that will make your parts searches easier.

screw mopar muscle... click on the link below..

http://www.bigblockdart.com/techpages/dbconversion.shtml

Wow Abody,did they cancel your subscription or something. LOL

I read the big block dart article. It kind of says the same thing, does it not? The reason i ask is because it has been the norm to find a 73 and up a body with disks for the swap. They are pretty much gone in the yards hear, and if there was an alternitive it my be eaiser to find. It would have to be an easy switch though to make it worth it. Anyone try this?

Wow Abody,did they cancel your subscription or something. LOL

I read the big block dart article. It kind of says the same thing, does it not? The reason i ask is because it has been the norm to find a 73 and up a body with disks for the swap. They are pretty much gone in the yards hear, and if there was an alternitive it my be eaiser to find. It would have to be an easy switch though to make it worth it. Anyone try this?

bill.. the guy that runs big block dart is the guy that wrote the article in mopar muscle..... i figure screw them and go right to the source....

yea isn't too many a-body disc brake cars in the yards around here either. the diplomat set ups are definatley easier to find.

It's the spindle that can be used from the b and e bodies. But you also have to have the UCA from a '73-up a-body to make it work for a 72-down a-body.

-
Back