-
Status
Not open for further replies.

cudamark

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Contact seller
Anyone have one factory brake drum spring for a 10" drum? This is the spring that wraps around the outside of the drum and sits in a groove in a factory drum. I used to have so many of those things, but, can't seem to find one at the moment. Price shipped to 92120.

I don't remember them being different. Do you or anyone else know if there is?

Front drums 340 car.

20210605_180838.jpg

I think he is wanting the spring that wraps around the outside of the drum as a noise deterrent.
Yes, outside the drum. It's supposedly to keep any sound harmonics from happening. It's not that important, but, this is for a restoration, so, it would be nice to get it stock looking. I have one side, but, the other side is missing.

Can't help you with the spring, but this is how you put them on in 10 seconds or less....

I do believe it is possible to cut and bend a spring.
Definitely. The circumference difference between 10" diameter and 11" is about 3". So cut one curl less than 3" of curls off and then bend the end one out 90* to hook on the as supplied spring end.

I've got a set of 10" front drums off a 70 Barracuda that are going to the scrap yard this week. If those springs will work, for you is $10 plus shipping too much? Should be at worst $18 if I can get them in a small flat rate box or an envelope.

Edit..
@cudamark, I've pulled the springs off the drums and other than being a bit crusty they appear to be in good shape. Let me know if you are interested.

Last edited:
Thanks, gzig5, that sounds reasonable. I have one local source that's checking for me at the moment, If it falls through, I'll contact you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back