Brake lights on

-

74 360 dart sport

Reaction score
Hello I have a74 dart sport 360 my brake lights stay on until I lift up on brake pedal just a smidge is there a return spring for the pedal or is there a adjustment I can make any help would be greatly appreciated

The brake ight switch should either screw in and out or the bracket has a adjustment, easy right above the brake pedal.

Hello I have a74 dart sport 360 my brake lights stay on until I lift up on brake pedal just a smidge is there a return spring for the pedal or is there a adjustment I can make any help would be greatly appreciated
Take a look at the rod length between the booster (if power brakes) and the MC. It should be a few thousand shorter.

I think the 74 mopar still has fixed switch in adjustable bracket. The screw to loosen and move the bracket is a pain to get to. Thats why many owners change to the adjustable switch. The bracket does bend a little over time. If its bent enough the smaller button in the threaded switch can miss the pedal arm. We've seen a few brackets bent so bad that the larger button in the mopar switch missed the pedal arm.
https://www.autozone.com/electrical...lP0gMA_W3-Q1xu_lQcxoCxAEQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

The bolt is accessable from the passangers side of the steering column, just movethe bracket till the lights go off with the pedal in it's natural position.

Last edited:
-
Back