Brake line size

-

salinasjoel

Learning Daily
Reaction score
I am finishing up my brake upgrade from a single to a dual master cylinder. I am currently bending all new lines since the old lines were original from 65. My question is I am using 3/16" line all around as was factory, but the line that was running from MC to distribution block was 1/4". Should I use 1/4" line from each bowl of the MC to the block or will 3/16" work? The car is manual drum all around it is a 65 dart and the new mc is for a 68 dart.
Thanks

you only need the 3/16". your original line was 1/4" because it was the single pot master and had to move all the fluid through one line. now you have dual lines and 3/16" is what the factory used.

Use 3/16" tubes. If re-using the distribution block (for fronts only), as I did, you need a 1/4" M inv to 3/16" F inv adapter. You can find them in the bubble packs at Autozone, along with a plug for the "rear" port. What you must not do is screw a 3/16" tube w/ large nut (threads fits) into that port. The tube will not seal on the 1/4" inverted flare. Look close and you'll understand.

-
Back