brake lines.

-

dukeboy440

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Just got this 74 dart swinger. Gentleman who owned it before me has just recently put new brakes on all for corners. That is quite obvious. My problem/question is that he put on nylon tubing, similar to what I've seen used on air shocks in the past, I've just never seen it used for brake lines. I'm not comfortable with this type of tubing. So I am considering putting braided steel lines through out. Is this worth the cost, or should I go with regular steel tubing or am I being too paranoid about the nylon lines?

Pictures, pictures, pictures.....

I have never heard of such a thing. Are you saying he replace the steel lines with it or the brake hoses with it? Either way it would be gone if I had the car.

Pictures, pictures, pictures.....

I have never heard of such a thing. Are you saying he replace the steel lines with it or the brake hoses with it? Either way it would be gone if I had the car.

All of it. right to the drums on the rear, right up to the old hoses on the front. I've never heard of it either.

Plastic line is real comon for dirt track racers, but a lot of people don't like it for obvious reasons.

Plastic line is real comon for dirt track racers, but a lot of people don't like it for obvious reasons.
Yep brother ran it in his mod. Not sure if the plastic line is DOT approved(if you care about that sort of thing). I think braided brake line is plastic liner with an outer braided cover. All that being said I wouldn't run the plastic on my car.

Its there but not attached to the axle

that appears to be the new polyemer coated line they make which is steel with high copper content, make sure that it is though be cause if its nylon it needs to be replaced before you even move it

but I doubt it is nylon because you can't flare it, and they did use the correct fittings

otherwise all should be fine except that compression union on the right side rear brake line and the block needs to be bolted down, also make sure there double flared, if not they all need to be replaced

its a good idea to go through and visually check since there are a couple issues in the rear

-
Back