Brake Lines...

-

zcook13

Reaction score
Hello there. I have a 1970 dodge dart. It is a four door and has drums on all four corners. She is in need of brake lines bad. I was told when I bought the car the brake lines have already been replaced years ago. I just had a question about the size of brake line I should use. I want to go back to factory specs. The current size of line on the car is 1/4 inch. Does anybody know the factory specs??

Look at the online catalog for Inline Tube for your car. It'll have all the info you need, as well as parts for a complete replacement of the lines and hoses.

Hi,

I'm pretty sure the brake lines on your car should be 3/16" lines not 1/4". You can get custom OEM like lines from places like Inline Tube or Finelines. Or, you can make them up from replacement stock lines that are available from your local auto parts store in various lengths. If you use replacement stock lines you will need a small tubing cutter and a double lip flaring tool meant for brake lines.

There is also copper/nickel line material available for a bit more money that will never rust out again. Up here in salt country that's about all anyone uses here to replace lines.

that copper nickel line is a pain to bend ...much better off ordering from inline tube.

Hi,

I'm pretty sure the brake lines on your car should be 3/16" lines not 1/4". You can get custom OEM like lines from places like Inline Tube or Finelines. Or, you can make them up from replacement stock lines that are available from your local auto parts store in various lengths. If you use replacement stock lines you will need a small tubing cutter and a double lip flaring tool meant for brake lines.

There is also copper/nickel line material available for a bit more money that will never rust out again. Up here in salt country that's about all anyone uses here to replace lines.

X2 3/16
I recently did some line work so I remember what size. :)

I just bought all my lines from Inline Tube. very happy with the price, and quality.

Thank you so much for the help guys. Defiantly planning on ordering the 7 piece ss kit from inline tube!!

-
Back