Brake pedal height question

-
And Dr Diff said the same thing, the smaller MC piston will increase travel but also increase pressure.
So what about increasing free pedal height?
Do you have an adjustable M/C pushrod?

Looking at the pic in post #2, I see the brake pedal [ unapplied ] is well above the acc pedal. I would think that is normal height & you wouldn't want it any higher.
You seem to losing about 2.5" - 3" of travel, before the brakes apply.
There can really only be there reasons for that:
- what I said in post #16
- some thing wrong the caliper piston/retraction process creating a lot of clearance that has to be taken up with m/c travel
- brake pedal p/rod travels too far before it contacts the rear piston in the m/c

and I am not sure where the soft pedal comments are coming from, I never said that. The pedal resistance is fine. I my question has to do with free pedal height.
Thanks
Because in your original post you said "The car stops OK, certainly nothing outstanding". My point was that I have the same set up and my pedal is rock hard and will lock all tires if necessary. Then I read that you have TWO brake pressure gauges? You're on a different level than me brother, sorry I muddied up your thread.

Because in your original post you said "The car stops OK, certainly nothing outstanding". My point was that I have the same set up and my pedal is rock hard and will lock all tires if necessary. Then I read that you have TWO brake pressure gauges? You're on a different level than me brother, sorry I muddied up your thread.
info on the TWO brake pressure gauges
Allstar Performance ALL80172 Allstar Performance Brake Bias Gauges | Summit Racing

I installed that gauge set as I have two line locks, a front and a rear. Used that back when I was drag racing the car, a poor man's trans brake, it worked well.
I once had a line lock go bad and it was letting pressure to bleed off and caused a couple of Red Lights, when swapping out the line lock I installed the gauge set so I could monitor the set braking pressure.

I have brake pressure gauges mounted in the car that show pressure right at the MC for the front and rear brake system. They both pick up immediately and show pressure on the gauges upon moving the pedal, and the pedal movement does not seem excessive, at full leg strength push I am no where near bottoming out the pedal.

A direct copy from the first post is: So is a brake pedal travel of 2 to 3 inches sound right, was not saying that the brake had to be depressed that far to get the brakes to apply. The 2 to 3 inches was total travel,

Post #2 shows about an inch and a half of travel, that guy said Pressed hard but not two foot hard. So that is probably in line with what I have

I probably have stronger than average arms, I was close to full brake pressures, had 650 PSI on the gauges with my arm pressure when I took my measurements. I can get 850 psi when I jamb on it with my leg.

Let me re phrase the question,
would going to an adjustable brake rod allow me to set the height of the brake pedal higher?

I run the 15/16 master from Dr Diff on my Duster, the pedal did drop slightly when I installed it. I assume it's from reusing the stock pedal rod, I have everything apart currently, I might grab an adjustable one to dial in the pedal height that I want when I put it back together.

On another note, I checked brake pressures at my calipers, the fronts were closer to 1500psi and I adjusted the prop valve to put the rears at about 1250psi. I only mention this, because those pressure are significantly higher than yours, although mine were measured at the caliper.

Use an adjustable push rod. I got mine from Summit, it is a quality unit. That way you can customize the pedal height to your desire. I like mine in line with my clutch pedal.

-
Back