Brake Prop Valve

-

Got2Gnow

Reaction score
I have a '71 Dart Swinger I just put the SSBC front disc brake kit on. It came with an adjustable proportioning valve, but I'm unsure as to where to install this valve. The directions are not very clear. Can anybody help direct me? Do I put it between the master cylinder and the rear brake lines?

Attachments

• SSBC Prop Valve.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 179
I put mine on the inner fender near the master in the rear line. Drive on a dirt or gravel road, brake hard and adjust so the *** end doesn't lock up and pass the front.

Do I put it between the master cylinder and the rear brake lines?
Yes, and the fwd port on the MC is for the rear brakes. You can mount it anywhere, but up high out of the mud is smart. I put mine on a bracket off my 2-bolt MC. I took the bracket off an Intrepid. See my posts for photos.

BenDrinkin & BillGrissom,

Thanks for the replys and suggestions.

BillGrissom,

I've tried searching for your photos showing the bracket, but with your 3700 posts I could be there for days.

Can you PLEASE :notworth: post those pics here?

Thanks!!

I read someone's directions that recommended mounting the prop valve approximately 18" down line from the master. That didn't stop me from putting mine further back, it doesn't seem to make a difference.
Mine's plumbed to come through the floor between the seat track and rocker so I can adjust on the fly.

-
Back