Brake Push Rod Pin Help

-

dheff

Lack of Experience
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what the Brake push rod pin looks like? I have to replace my power brake booster on a 74 duster. The Haynes manual is telling me to remove that pin under the dash, but I don't see anything like it near the pedal. A pic would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Nothing under the dash needs to be messed with. If you look at the new booster you'll see that it's all under the hood. Just make sure you make note of the push rod's orientation it's kind of eccentric shaped with a top & bottom. Basically you have 4 nuts and a cotter pin to remove right near the firewall. Assuming you already removed the Master cylinder. Real easy part to change. Some great pictures are at Google Images. Just search google images for duster brake booster.

Nothing under the dash needs to be messed with. If you look at the new booster you'll see that it's all under the hood. Just make sure you make note of the push rod's orientation it's kind of eccentric shaped with a top & bottom. Basically you have 4 nuts and a cotter pin to remove right near the firewall. Assuming you already removed the Master cylinder. Real easy part to change. Some great pictures are at Google Images. Just search google images for duster brake booster.
Thanks OwdKasd!

-
Back