Brake shoe question

-

mopowers

Reaction score
Aren't rear brake shoes supposed to come with the little pins that hold the adjuster return spring?

I brought home a set of shoes yesterday and noticed the pins weren't in the box when I got home. When I called them, they said the pins don't come with them. What the...???

Hummmm, that is strange, I will have to guess that is the supplier/remanufacturer that isn't doing the supply of parts in the box anymore.

Did you have trouble getting new material for this?

All of the sets I've bought included that horseshoe clip. I would have the retailer check other boxes to see if those include the clip. If they have stopped including the clip then you'll just have to remove the old one very carefully and reuse it.

These are the pins I'm talkin about. The ones that look like little .22 shells and hold the adjuster lever and spring.

165355.jpg

I've always gotten them with the shoes, but I guess some of them don't come with them.

hmmmm...

You have to take them off the old shoes, since the 1960's. Try help section in parts store.

Man, I think I'm losing it. I could swear when I read this, it was about the emergency brake????? Sorry! Anyway, I've seen a few with those pins and some without. It may just depend on the manufacturer.

-
Back