Brake shoes and wheel cylinders

-

44067gtdart

Reaction score
I am trying to piece together all the hardware I need for my SBP 8 3/4. I have the bell style drums. What size brake shoes, and wheel cylinders do I need for that ?

They should be 10x 1.75

You have to have the correct backing plates for an A body 8 3/4.
B C E body 8 3/4 will not fit.

Pick a car ( your car should work...) And a year like 67 thru 69 maybe 70 or 71

Go to rock auto and search the brake section for the brake parts, wheel cylinders, etc.

Yup, use a '71 Dart for application. Sometimes the earlier applications don' show up on the parts store computers.

What year and model is your car?
The car I am working on is a 1971 Dart swinger. The rear I have, supposedly came out of a 1969 barracuda. It is mostly complete, just missing the wheel cylinders, the brakes, and all the brake hardware.

you would be safe with the 71. I did some digging and there is so much misc. info out there but the shows for 10x 1.75 are the same for 69 and 71. the hardware is the same the wheel cylinders may or may not be the same. I found one that was from the same manufacturer but had a different part numbers for 69 vs 71, same diameter pistons. I don't know what would be the difference. The photos looked the same. Maybe bolt size???

Some of the brake hardware you might have to find used. I haven't looked lately, but, a few years ago, wheel cylinder push rods, e-brake levers, and shoe spreader bars were not available new.

IIRC, the brakes on that era of SBP 10x1.75 brakes had a problem with the rear brakes locking up. I was advised that a change to a wheel cylinder of early 70's trucks had a slightly bigger wheel cylinder , it think it was 15/16, that solved the problem.

-
Back