Brake swap question?

-

CrazyPete

Reaction score
im swapping disc's on my 70 cuda and i was thinking can i swap the old spindel's and drums onto my 76 dart? both cars are manual brake cars the dart has the small bolt pattern and id guess the larger drums would be an upgrade................................thoughts?

Not all 73-up came with BBP - had a 73 Scamp with SBP. According to the Mopar Action disc brake swap, the 73-76 disc brake spindles are dimensionally the same as the 62-72 B and 70 - 74 E Body drum (or disc) spindles, making it a perfect swap for those models as well as earlier A's. Therefore the E Body drums/spindles would bolt to your 76 ONLY IF you have the larger ball joint UCA for the 76. If you don't have that UCA for the 76, you'll need to find it as well. If you do that, why not find & install discs as well? I'd still rather have discs over drums.

yeah i was just looking for a source for my left over parts from the cuda and yeah my dart has the sbp just kinda thinking out loud thanks for the fast reply's

All A body drum brake cars were SBP right through 76. Only the disc brake cars were LBP from 73-76. The UCA was the large ball joint style from 73 up regardless of bolt pattern.

-
Back