Brake System Rebuild

-

Harrison

Reaction score
I'm soon going to redo the brake system in my '63 Dart. I know I need a dual chamber master cylinder, and drum brake rebuild kits for all four wheels.

I read on SlantSix.org about the master cylinder NAPA Part Number 36221. Has anyone tried this one? Would it be simply bolt up and go, or would I need to redo some things?

What about rebuild kits? What ones do you recommend? Brake pads are needed as well. What about those?

Thanks in advance.

I have just about everything 9in for the front, used for about 9 months that i'll practically give you PM me if your interested.

Stuff that isn't required to live I'll take used, but brakes, not really interested. Thanks for the offer though.

Its not dual chamber or double chamber its dual line ( although there are 2 chambers). It amounts to 2 seperate brake systems, one for front, and one for rear. It's a safety improvement in that a leak in one wheel doesn't drain them all. So yeah you'll have some lines to change along with the perportion valve.
As for you that slightly used hardware offered above... it would consist of springs and things only. Nothing that will kill you.
Buying used springs and professionally rebuilt wheel cylinders make a lot better sense than buying new return springs and kitting the wheel cylinders yourself.
As for brake shoes... the original asbestos linnings aren't available. You'll have to settle for whatever is available now for that model.

-
Back