Brakes ID

-

jar84203

Reaction score
I have a 71 Duster that has been converted to front disc brakes (5x4.5 bolt circle) and was told that it was from a 73 Duster. How can I verify this and what parts would have been changed out for the conversion (steering knuckle, control arms, brake hoses, etc)? Thanks.

Single piston. Does not have guide pins (slides)...not exactly sure how the outboard pad applies...but it is wearing more than the inside.

kdk_0622.jpg

kdk_0623.jpg

looks like a 73-up duster set up. whats the disc's measure? the upper control arm and spindle along with the lower ball joint was changed for the conversion.

That looks like the same setup i got off of a 73 dart. I think they're 11 inch rotors (10.75"). Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I dont know why the caliper is worn down like it is though.???

Rotor measures 10.75 inches across. How does the outboard pad apply and what would cause it to wear faster than the inboard?

yes that sound slike an a-body set up. the calibers actually slide when the piston pushes out. maybe the piston isn't pulling back enough when you let off the brake ?

I would guess that if you tighten that bolt on the flat metal retainers that it would make it harder for the caliper to slide like its supposed to.?

-
Back