Brakes Question?

-

scastillo

Reaction score
I have a 1972 Dodge Demon 340, but came from factory with drums in front. I found another 72 Dart Custom for parts that came with small pattern disk brakes. My quiestion is,,I can the spindel & calipers of the Dart Custom with the same control amrs that bring my 72 demon?

Yes, you can do a direct swap but you must use the disc brake lower ball joint. The upper ball joints and control arms will work just fine.

Yeah same lower arm. lower ball joint bolts to spindle. The lower ball joint also includes the attachment point for the tie rod end.

Grab the proportioning valve. It is located on the frame just below the master cylinder. It's made of brass and has a bunch of lines running to it.

Plan on getting new brake hoses, too. The attachment at the caliper end may be different from the attachment at the wheel cylinder on drum brakes. I don't remember.

Yeah same lower arm. lower ball joint bolts to spindle. The lower ball joint also includes the attachment point for the tie rod end.

Grab the proportioning valve. It is located on the frame just below the master cylinder. It's made of brass and has a bunch of lines running to it.

Plan on getting new brake hoses, too. The attachment at the caliper end may be different from the attachment at the wheel cylinder on drum brakes. I don't remember.

I buy a proportioning valve from a 73 Dart with front Brakes..Can I use it with the small pattern disk brakes? or I can use the same of drum brakes?

You will also need a disc brake master cylinder. The drum brake cylinder will not have enough pressure for discs.

-
Back