brand new slant six guy please help

-
OK reread entire thread. Umm. I am posting on fabo because I have read y'all are friendlier than ss. org . Yes I have done some studying on the /6 before buying and chose the truck for the motor. There's an eBay 2bbl aluminium intake up right now for $49. Should I or should I look for complete 2bbl carb/ setup. I know I need vacuum advance but I dunno timing . I have friends that know timing stuff.

I say go for it. Have it pressure tested and see what happens. Not sure if he still has it, but dart_doctor (asa: my brother) had an aluminum intake that I had pressure tested.

welcome ! Im a dick lol Im also chuckys brother lol you dont need that truck i do lol Nice truck 805 is a bad *** slanter he knows what hes talking bout ive been trying to talk him outta his 68 for a few years now lol No luck there tho lol

welcome ! Im a dick lol Im also chuckys brother lol you dont need that truck i do lol Nice truck 805 is a bad *** slanter he knows what hes talking bout ive been trying to talk him outta his 68 for a few years now lol No luck there tho lol

Did you see the above post Asa?

I did now lol I have no clue where that thing is and its fugly as hell i would not run it lol If i find it i would sell it tho

Your box looks just like the "spark controller" on my 82 Aries, but nobody called those "lean burn" and it attached to the inner fender. I had trouble losing the spark, though it was the controller box (~$150 then) and finally found it was just the cheap Molex style connector they used. Squashed the pins to fit tighter and no more problems.

The 2 bbl alum intake on ebay is rare. My guess is it will sell for much more than the current $50.

Welcome to the site madd.
Lots of help on here.
If you don't get the answers that you want off this thread just post again in a different thread, probably not everyone is on every day you just need to be in the right place at the right time. You will get help if you peservere.
Sorry I can't be of any help on your questions - I'm like you and one of the learners
Good luck with your truck.

I'm parting an 83 pickup exactly like yours,runs great so I have lots of parts if you find your problems.

Oo parts? Like grille frame ? Grille insert? Driver head light door/ turn signal?

madd, I recently purchased a truck exactly like yours. Already started buying parts to get some more power out of that little slant. I don't know about you but 90hp is not enough (got 265hp in my Subaru). As far as idling goes...... you need a tach and screwdriver to adjust the idler scew on the carb. 700 to 900rpm at idle is a great range to shoot for.

madd, I recently purchased a truck exactly like yours. Already started buying parts to get some more power out of that little slant. I don't know about you but 90hp is not enough (got 265hp in my Subaru). As far as idling goes...... you need a tach and screwdriver to adjust the idler scew on the carb. 700 to 900rpm at idle is a great range to shoot for.

550-750, closer to 750

No 90 is not enough but I have to do mine conservatively and cost effective. As it is my only daily driver. It runs right now and I need it to run every time I am done doing something to it. I want extreme reliability then some power.

-
Back