Brass Tee for Brake Hose

-

jonn6464

1970 Duster
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the size of bolt needed to mount the brass tee that splits the brake line between rear wheels. The tee mounts to the rear axle. I'm running a Moser 8/3/4. It has a dedicated threaded hole for mounting the tee, it's not mounted on the vent. Thanks FABO

upload_2019-2-4_11-1-25.png

On most 8 3/4 rears that is a hollow vented bolt.
Mopar Roadrunner Charger GTX Super Bee Rear Axle Vent Bolt Breather Brake Hose | eBay

You can probably get it used from someone here cheaper

I would normally agree with the hollow vented bolt, but my rear end has a specific threaded o-let for the brake tee.

In the pic you can see the vent at about 2 o'clock, it's a gold/brass color against the green trunk lid background. The mount for the brass tee is at 9 o'clock on top of the axle tube.

upload_2019-2-4_11-45-7.png

Here is a better pic of the vent sticking out...
upload_2019-2-4_11-48-22.png

Thanks for the reply.

If you don't need it as a vent you can mount it with whatever works. In fact you don't even need that tee as long as all the ports are the correct flare size.

I think the 7 1/4 rears mount the tee with a solid brass bolt. It may be the same thread pattern. BTW too much venting is not going to hurt you unless you are trying to use a "closed" system like on later models

. BTW too much venting is not going to hurt you unless you are trying to use a "closed" system like on later models
I agree, Strange installed two vent holes on my newly built Dana S60.

I am definitely going to vent the housing, not trying to get away from that. On my rear end there is just a different mounting point than others I've seen (on the vent tube).

-
Back