break from the car (with pics)

-

1970-dart

Reaction score
some of you might be seeing my thread in member restoration andifso you know whyi needed a break or two lately. and for those that have not seen it then here it is and feel free to check it out.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=271191

so here is what i did for a few breaks. i went fishing a few times and spent few days at camp. If anybody knows the Adirondacks of upstate NY you might know the area of Paul smiths which its claim to fame is http://www.paulsmiths.edu/.

and for those that don't know it you might recognize the name of a ton close by called Lake Placid where the winter Olympics have been held twice. Either way i have 100 acres of land not far from there that has been in my family for 150 years.

We have a house on the property that we open in the summer and close in the winter and where the original house was ( three generations grew up in the house but burned 40 years ago) we have always up kept the well and sewer and upgraded the electric a couple years ago. we then put in a few camper hookups and keep our campers there in the summer and a motor home we keep all year round for hunting/ice fishing and snowmobiling.

View attachment f1.jpg

View attachment f2.jpg

View attachment f3.jpg

View attachment f5.jpg

View attachment f6.jpg

View attachment f4.jpg

I need a break like that from my car! Sweet!

Looks like a great place to relax and kick back.

I hope you had some help eating all that sausage and bacon...lol

LOL yes there were 12 other people. We butchered two pigs a few months ago and the freezers full so I brought a bunch of it to camp.

Love those cookers with a couple of woks because with a decent wok you can cook 2 pounds of bacon at the same time or more and two or more dozen eggs at the same time. Or a bunch of burgers on a griddle lol hard to cook for that many people and do everything at once and the woks really provide you that opportunity

Awesome enjoy nothing like enjoying this beautiful country we live free in!!!!!

yes esp when it is something that has been in your family for 150 plus years. its fun standing there talking to your dad and aunts about things that they and i both did as kids standing in that exact spot. also knowing if my grandfather was around he could be in on the conversation as well because he grew up there also

Looks like a great place to film a scary movie. :)

Ya didn't see that coming did ya?

O My Goodness! Yes I agree a well deserved brake for sure .......
... thank you for sharing a great time and a great home place you enjoy. .....
I did not know I had a smell vision phone ..

-
Back