breaks, vacuum, and holly....

-

Khyron

Token "B" Body
Reaction score
O.k... she's running good. But I think I need a vacuum canister for it. Cm must be a bit more then she wanted ;)

Basicly. The car runs great, and stops good at first, but at the end of the stopping. The power breaks quit and all I have left are standard breaks. The Master is connected to the Intake. Would it be beter in the carb? or do I just need to buy the vacuum canister for the car?

Do you have a vacume guage ? I would get a ready first. How big was the cam again ?

I used to have thaat same problem. First stab at the brakes were fine the secind time its all manual. What I did was to add a second vacuum reservoir into the system but today I see they use vacuum pumps . Can't say how well the pumps work. But you want to fix it fast as it caused me to run off the shut down area twice and to almost take out a gas station once.

AdamR said:
Do you have a vacume guage ? I would get a ready first. How big was the cam again ?

I don't have one :( and it was a crane 278

I used to have thaat same problem. First stab at the brakes were fine the secind time its all manual. What I did was to add a second vacuum reservoir into the system but today I see they use vacuum pumps . Can't say how well the pumps work. But you want to fix it fast as it caused me to run off the shut down area twice and to almost take out a gas station once.

:shock: ummm, i don't want to take out any gas stations ;) They're only like $30, but I just wanted to make sure I didn't hook it up wrong again. it happens sometimes ;)

WTH!?!?!? it appears that no local autoshop can get me a Vacuum Canister. Look slike I have to order it. :growl: [/rant off]

You should pick up a vaccum gage..It can make it easier to tune too. I've run larger cams in stock lower ends before, I'd be curious what your vaccum is..Is it possible the booster is going away?

It worked 100% before the rebuild. so i'm going to assume that the booster is good. I'll try to get ahold of a vacuum gauge. I want to drive my charger... and be able to stop it as well ;)

-
Back