Breather hose to aftermarket Air Cleaner

-

Dusterdenovo

Contentedly Old School
Reaction score
Just picked up a 14" drop base Air Cleaner. Want to connect my breather hose to the drop base, which is stamped in 2 places for a fitting or filter (?) of some type. Only lead I could find on FABO was that an "old Ford" filter would work but no specifics.

Looking for ideas / solutions that are out there before I try to cobble something up from scratch.

Thanks.
20180423_191134.jpg

The fitting used to come with the housing. Mr.Gasket used to sell it separately. We used to just use a breathered oil-filler cap, but the breather must not have check-valves in them. To run them, the valve covers must be baffled. I use a breather with a hose nipple. I run the hose over to the top of the shock tower. That type of breather needs to be periodically cleaned as it is sucking atmospheric air, whereas from your housing it would be filtered air; which IMO is better...... as long as the hose stays on. The problem with the latter system is that it's hard to find a hose that is flexible enough to be routed and yet won't fall off. Plus it's a bit annoying during the tuning phase.

Thanks @Valkman for pointing me in the right direction. I also found a Mr Gasket part # 2079 which is the 90 degree version:

2079.jpg

Also seems more readily available. Awesome!

-
Back