Brett Farve signs with Vikings....

-
The Vikings are probably gonna get 6 nationally televised games now.......before maybe 1-2. Good move for the Vikings, if only for the first 11 games (Favre has faded the last few years in the final 5 games)

I agree. I'm a Vikings fan, but looking at our current Q.B. line up, its a blessing. I hope we can make it past the wild card play offs this year. Of course, defend our champs of the north title.

Ya he probably should have, but I want to see what he can do
with Adrian Peterson and Chester Taylor in the back field.
He won't have to rely on his arm so much.

Even though I am a Steeler fan.. I have always been a fan of great quarterbacks regardless of who they played for... And I have always been a big Brett Favre fan.. I thought he shoulda just stayed retired when he first left Green Bay.. he had every record, was a legend there, (and truthfully always will be..) .. and I was bummed when he came back for the Jets.. Now the Vikings.. But the more I think about it.. I try to put myself in his shoes.. Football is all he has ever known, he lives for the game.. He truly loves it.. I dont doubt that at all... I guess sometimes there are people that have a hard time letting go.. He loves to compete.. I guess the idea of not having football at his age (39 is young in the grand scheme of things, but old in football) is just too much for him...

I still think he should hang it up... but regardless, as a fan of the game, and a fan of quarterbacks, I dont like to let go either (if I had my way, Bradshaw would still be playing LOL) I am glad to have another year to watch a great quarterback.. I just hope he doesnt get killed.. LOL

Yea, I agree with above. I mean he had Donald Driver in Green Bay (Jennings was still a pup), and that was about it (in his last 3 years) . The Jets never really seemed to like him, and the team really seemed dis-jointed. They never really gelled as a team.

Now with the Vikings it seems that he has the weapons that he's been asking for in Green Bay that he never got, and he's seems a lot happier then he was with the Jets, and the players seem to like and respect him more then the Jets did.

So all drama aside, I am really interested in what he can do, if his shoulder holds up. if it does, I think he'll do quite well. It will be a great drama filled year! Soaps for men!

I still say he's only out for the money.
He said he wanted to retire as a Packer.
Now all this sh*t. I was a fan of his till
he started all of this with the Jets.
Now this is just getting ridiculous.
I'm ready for a Farve jersey buring party.
I think he ruined his chances for gitting in
the Packer hall of fame for a while.
Got no more respect for the guy. He's an A**H*le
Just my 2 cents worth.

I still say he's only out for the money.
He said he wanted to retire as a Packer.
Now all this sh*t. I was a fan of his till
he started all of this with the Jets.
Now this is just getting ridiculous.
I'm ready for a Farve jersey buring party.
I think he ruined his chances for gitting in
the Packer hall of fame for a while.
Got no more respect for the guy. He's an A**H*le
Just my 2 cents worth.

I dont think brett is a guy that would do it for the money. He has plenty... I think it's purely his love for the game. I don't think he should be playing anymore... but thats gotta be the reason he still is IMO.

Even though I am a Steeler fan.. I have always been a fan of great quarterbacks regardless of who they played for... And I have always been a big Brett Favre fan.. I thought he shoulda just stayed retired when he first left Green Bay.. he had every record, was a legend there, (and truthfully always will be..) .. and I was bummed when he came back for the Jets.. Now the Vikings.. But the more I think about it.. I try to put myself in his shoes.. Football is all he has ever known, he lives for the game.. He truly loves it.. I dont doubt that at all... I guess sometimes there are people that have a hard time letting go.. He loves to compete.. I guess the idea of not having football at his age (39 is young in the grand scheme of things, but old in football) is just too much for him...

I still think he should hang it up... but regardless, as a fan of the game, and a fan of quarterbacks, I dont like to let go either (if I had my way, Bradshaw would still be playing LOL) I am glad to have another year to watch a great quarterback.. I just hope he doesnt get killed.. LOL

^ echo's my sentiments exactly . Black & Gold win or lose fan here...
however watching a " born to the game QB" is a requirement
for a true fan IMHO..... I salute you true fans (bow at the waist)

I.E. Montana, Namath, Bradshaw, Stabler, Elway, Manning, (elder)! Brady, Unitas, Marino, and last but not least , Unitas...

a partial list :-D ain't no ruggby (sp?) happnin here

^ echo's my sentiments exactly . Black & Gold win or lose fan here...
however watching a " born to the game QB" is a requirement
for a true fan IMHO..... I salute you true fans (bow at the waist)

I.E. Montana, Namath, Bradshaw, Stabler, Elway, Manning, (elder)! Brady, Unitas, Marino, and last but not least , Unitas...

a partial list :-D ain't no ruggby (sp?) happnin here

Manning has become a drama queen. He's still a great QB no doubt... but he gets pissed at every tiny thing that goes wrong now.

And I am a true fan... I also bleed black and gold :cheers:

What`s an old football player to do? He should have retired as a Packer but all of the commentator spots are already taken by other retired players and coaches. :D

Yea, Manning is starting to bug me with all those facial expressions and how he acts on the field. He's really acting like a Diva himself. Makes yea think it happens to all the good ones after awhile. Personally I don't like his brother (Eli) at all! I don't even think he's that good really. He just has a good team around him.
If these old guys want to play and someone is willing to take them, why not? I don't really blame Farve for wanting to play. Not to mention, who are we to tell him what to do?? It not our life.
The only thing that really pisses me off about Favre is that he's been flirting with retirement since like 2000. I don't think he ever even meant it.

I think he wanted to stick it to the Packers front office, but all he has done is made the Packers fans mad. I hope he is prepared for a bit of booing when he returns to Green Bay. Most Packer fans will show some class, but I'm sure there will be some that will. It's a shame it had to happen, but in the end he has to live with his choices. He will still get in the Packer hall of fame, but like someone said earlier, it should be delayed.

I do not wish him any harm, but I hope the Vikings choke as usual.

I'll never forget the Super Bowl he won, and how happy I was. Or the game against the Raiders after his father died, pure magic.

Go Pack

I think he wanted to stick it to the Packers front office, but all he has done is made the Packers fans mad. I hope he is prepared for a bit of booing when he returns to Green Bay. Most Packer fans will show some class, but I'm sure there will be some that will. It's a shame it had to happen, but in the end he has to live with his choices. He will still get in the Packer hall of fame, but like someone said earlier, it should be delayed.

I do not wish him any harm, but I hope the Vikings choke as usual.

I'll never forget the Super Bowl he won, and how happy I was. Or the game against the Raiders after his father died, pure magic.

Go Pack

That game against the Raiders was a true hall of fame moment...

That game against the Raiders was a true hall of fame moment...

Hands down one of the greatest performances of his career and of Monday Night Football's.

Manning is such a perfectionist, it bugs a little but he is a first ballot Hall of Famer

Well I know that everyone has their opinions about what Brett did,should have done, etc. And I won't even get into the "all about the money" opinion held by some. What I do know for a fact is that Nobody and I mean Nobody loves the game of football more than Brett Favre. Just a couple of weeks ago, he was in south Mississippi in the midday heat running sprints and throwing passes to high school players at Oak Grove HS near Hattiesburg, MS. You could literally see on Brett's face the passion for football even at this level. And can you imagine how these high school players will remember these practices and being able to tell folks later on how they practiced with and caught passes from a Hall of Fame QB. I don't know how Brett will do with the Vikes, or how much longer he'll play, but I know that football is his passion and to finally walk away from it will be the hardest thing for him to do.

BTW, one of those receivers that he was throwing to was Steve Mcnair Jr.

The Vikes won tonite for their first pre-season game, tickets sold out!!

-
Back