bringing dart to shop again - cant figure the noise out

-
More info on what it sounds like and the area it is in might help someone help you figure out what it is, it maybe a common thing or something that has happened to a FABO member

lol yeah - i had another thread going about it. basically there is an awful crunching sound going over any bump - coming from the drivers side right beneath the floorboard. i boxed in the rotted torsion bar support and it didnt make a single bit of difference - cept now i swear i feel the torsion bar twisting. the frame is in rough rough shape. i am hoping maybe something simple cracked like a control arm or even a cross brace. just dont want to be into a mjor redo as the car isn't financially worth it. sound only happens on drivers side tho i rode in pass seat over the weekend and i could feel it a bit on larger bumps. maybe its as simple as a tran mount not tighened enough or someting like that. Geez i hope so!

These are just things to look over to make sure it,s not your problem.Things to check..
Tranny mount(rubber could be broken?)
Check upper control arms for stripped ball joint threads?
Swaybar pins broke?
Check for bushings torn,ript hanging out?
Axel bearings loose,worn?
By the sounds of creaking under d.side,leads me to believe that your torsion bar mount may need further investigation.Go over it with a fine tooth comb with a list and tic off good as you go.Good luck.

GOT IT FIXED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
my mechanic - andy at superior auto in reading, ma - and i went for a quick ride. come back and he says -" did you notice it wasnt as loud on the way back? i noticed that when i applied the brake, the noise stopped". so we put it up on his lift and pulled the drivers front wheel. guess what - darn caliper bolts had worked loose so the caliper was moving about over all the bumps. a couple turns of the air impact wrench and the noise was gone!! and he looked over my atrocious welds on the torsion area and i should be good for a little while. the truth is the frame needs attention - at least some new crossmembers. but we'll see how it goes. next on the proj list are rear leafs, and to decide if i want to tackle fixing the stick lifter. going to do an oil change and try some heavier oil and see if it frees the lifter.

thanks for everyones patience and help.

- jason

Glad to hear it was an easy fix,if it happens again use loc-tite on the bolt.I would bring attention to your torsion bar mount.If it lets go?You could do serious damage to the car,yourself or other people.Fix it properly before anythingelse on the car.Play safe.:read2:

before you change the oil run a guart of trans fluid for a little why it will degum the valve train then change oil and filter. my buddy does it alot on the gm 3.1 and 3.4 works like a charm.

thanks everyone!! i fully boxed the torsion bar area so i cant see it coming undone but i am ordering some leaf springs anyway so while i am under there i'll look everything over again. thanks all!

Ive had someone unscrew my caliper, had the same sound before, Im glad for you man,

MOPAR 4 LIFE

-
Back