Bringing it back to glory

-
Reaction score
22 years ago I put my 65 in Storage form.

1965 Formula-s Barracuda. 54,000 orig miles on car.Front to back "end-all paint job" with perfect computer matched colors that I obtained from Chrysler historical office (EE-1 poly blue metallic, and shark pearl white formula-s stripe).Body is straighter "than a string" and has PPG's lifetime primer rust

protection. Engine: 340 "flawless" (-2) block .030 over on bore, with all the inner block oiling mods, and correct machining (done by Don Dixon, aka. digger Don)Machining and blueprinting was several thousand by itself! A Keith Black

3.46 stroker crank, in 7340 billet, with full fillets for strength. 355 rods

from Chryco's old Nascar days, that have been given the MAX treatments (polishing, beam relief, nitriding, magnafluxing, etc).Bill Miller full boogie

11.5 to 1 355 forged alum pistons, with plasma-moly rings, and Bill Miller race wristpins. A milodon oil pan, (8qt)pump, and pick-up (of course blueprinted).

Heads are the vaunted "J" heads, that Hughes engines gave their full race treatment (stage 3), 2.08 intake, 1.65 exhaust valves, ( They flow 300 cfm on the intake side, and I believe 220 on the exhaust side, at .650 lift, 28"hg).

Cam is an early 70's Racer Brown roller, with 318 duration, and .650 lift. Headers are Hooker Super Competition partial fender exit. Intake is an Edelbrock Victor 340 that has been worked to the extreme. Carb is a Holley

850 double pumper (worked) with twin 50cc accel pumps! High perf Mallory fuel pump with lifetime warranty. MSD 6al ignition control, with Mopar Perf stuff making up the rest of it. It has an elec. water pump and fan, mechanical auto meter guages. Front end has been rebuilt. Disc conversion and 5 on 4&1/2 bolt pattern. Lakewood grade 8 tool steel (NHRA legal) safety scattershield and bell

Housing, with Macleod racing Clutch. Liberty "Equalizer" red stripe ratio 4-speed transmission. Mopar perf race drag shaft, with loops and heavy-duty u-joints. 8& 3/4 rear-end (of course rebuilt sure grip) with 4.11 ratio. Inboard leaf spring kit/conversion done (using MP stuff) Larger pick-up installed in tank. Car has a NHRA legal 6 point roll cage, with MP frame connectors. Battery in back, with NHRA outside cutoff installed. 5 point safety harness for pilot!
So it was in race form.
Ran a very traction limited low 10s in 1/4 Mile. Forget top speeds and 60 ft time so done ask lol .
Time to dust it off, new cragar wheels ordered and get it back out in streetable shape and enjoy

tehcuda.jpg

tehcudamotor.jpg

cudasig.jpg

Wow! Lifestyle changes cause you to put a beaut like that away? Maybe you can post some pics when you get it outside. Thanks for sharing.

Wow! Lifestyle changes cause you to put a beaut like that away? Maybe you can post some pics when you get it outside. Thanks for sharing.
Yep, went from being single, to married and working internationally, then kids and running my own business since 2004.
My son is 15 now, and its time for a great father son project

-
Back