Bringing the car home!!!!!!

-

68fastback

Reaction score
Finally after a couple of years of owning the car I get to take it out of the field and bring it home to start to put it back together. It is in bad shape and I have my work cut out.​

papas007.jpg

papas005.jpg

papas015.jpg

papas021.jpg

papas022.jpg

Doesn´t look that bad.
Good luck and post a lot of pics of the progress.

I don't know what I will do with the wheels. It will be a while before I can get new wheels.

I am putting a 360 in the car. It will be a light street more strip car. I am looking to get into the mid 12's with it.

I am getting paid Friday for some other toys I sold so I can start putting the car together. I cant say how exited I am. I'm like a little boy on the last day of school before summer.

Doesn't look look that rough to me either - good luck - LOVE the fastbacks.

I plan on starting a restoration thread when I get it home. My plan is to clean it up and build the motor first. Put the 727 in it change the rear gears to 3.91 and clean all the fuel system up and get it running by next spring. Then I will start the total restore on the rest of the car. I know this car is not in as bad as shape as some of the other restores I have seen but to me this is the worst start I've ever been on.
(several years of something putting pinecones in the car makes for a bit of comedy, I was laughing my rear off when I opened the car door for the first time and it has only gotten worse since then)

Congrats to you 68 fastback.:cheers: Bring her home pop a cold one and just enjoy.:drinkers:. That's how it works for me, I just let the mind work the first night. I would be stir crazy though after two years. :toothy10:

Looks to be a really good solid starting point to me. Shouldnt take a whole lot to get her road worthy.

Congrats to you 68 fastback.:cheers: Bring her home pop a cold one and just enjoy.:drinkers:. That's how it works for me, I just let the mind work the first night. I would be stir crazy though after two years. :toothy10:

Thank you. About the only thing I have thought about in the past 4 months is this car ever since i have started to plan to bringing it home. I am beside myself with excitement and anticipation. My mind is about to explode with all the possibilities of what to do first. :rolleyes:

Right on 68fastback:cheers:
I know the feeling of finally getting your car home. I knew about my 1971 Duster 340 and had it promised to for 18+ years. All the while it sat in a field 7 miles away....rotting:angry7:
It looks like you've got a real nice body to work with.........pine cones and all:toothy10:

I purchased this car from my father in law for my wife about 5 years ago because he did a restore on it in the late 80's early 90's and my wife grew up with this car and always loved it. He started to go another way with his life and parked it in the field when the engine blew and left it there. I bought it for my wife for an engagement present but had nowhere to put it so it sat there for even longer. Now this car is my project for her but I get the gift of doing the restore. I am in love with this car.

I purchased this car from my father in law for my wife about 5 years ago because he did a restore on it in the late 80's early 90's and my wife grew up with this car and always loved it. He started to go another way with his life and parked it in the field when the engine blew and left it there. I bought it for my wife for an engagement present but had nowhere to put it so it sat there for even longer. Now this car is my project for her but I get the gift of doing the restore. I am in love with this car.

Good deal. She will be the talk of the town for sure when done.

Yeah the father in law did a good job of restoring it to preserve it for later with undercoating the underside and inside floor pan and trunk.

WOOO HOOO! It really looks pretty good, pine cones and all! Believe me, we are so lucky that we live in the relatively dry western part of the country. There are people East of the Mississippi that would kill for that car. We got packrats but rust truly sucks.

Good luck my friend and keep us updated!

Thanks, I understand about the rust, no salt on the roads and no salt in the air from the ocean. Only surface rust from where the paint peeled a bit. I think tomorrow I will start the cleanup. :hello1:

Congrats. Bet you can´t wait to get started, we all know the feeling can´t keep the hands from it.

-
Back