Brodix B1,ba heads

-

joes68340s

Reaction score
Anyone running these heads and if so what headers are you running. Im looking for headers and just wondered whats popular, If there are any.

Nobody really makes a header for these heads. Stock bolt pattern but D port. You can buy the correct flange and have them put on a set of TTI or other headers.

Have the heads on my 65 Dart 433" R-3 block. Work real well, have had no problems with them at all. Guides, seats, still original! As for the headers, I made adapter flanges, and changed the whole damn approach! As you know the bolts for the A engine exhaust are difficult to get at...especially with larger tube sizes. I used adapters to spread out the bolt pattern for easier wrenching. I used a Chevy Bow Tie pattern which extended the bolt pattern outward and at an angle [front/rear] The middle uses the "three" bolt pattern and in my case I inverted the third bolt to the bottom instead of the top..[fender well headers go up immediately instead of down like chassis headers.] In the end, it was a home made set of step headers, 1 7/8-2-2 1/8 into a merge collector. Hope these pix explain what I have written.

Attachments

• header pix cyl. #2.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 581
  • header pix of cyl # 1-3-5.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 586
That looks really good. But my fear with standard fitting a body headers is that by using an adaptor or spacer the two center tubes will be pressed up tight to the steering box. They wont fit then.

yes this will be a definate problem. Darn mopar "A" bodies...we always have a fight on our hands. We work twice as hard...to make our stuff go....and appreciated 1/2 as much! Maybe a rack-n- pinion steering system??? One modification....always leads to others...it just opens the can of worms...more ='s more...always!

Oh Yah uck. I think the only way is replace the head flange completly. Then hope it works and no leaks.

I'll b running brodix Heads on my 340 stroker. Kinda wanted something different other than Eddie heads. And the price I'll pay is having custom headers made.
So my idea is buying a set of 2" tti headers bare and having my exhaust guy customize them from there to fit the heads and around everything else that would be in the way.
Then I'll have them ceramic coated.

We"ll see how they turn out.

Personally if your are within a day driving distance of Kingman AZ I'd give REF a call. The headers are not cheap, but in the end you'll be one happy guy. Gregg is a master at what he does.

-
Back