brodix b1 head for small block

-

swifter

Reaction score
How come I don't see a lot of use here on small blocks ???? Cost??? Don't flow well??? Thanks steve

They were a spec head for IMCA and maybe ARCA they had numbers similar to the comparable GM and Ford head to keep the class motors as even as possible. Personally I have never seen a real impressive combo with them. They just don't support the power you would hope to see, headers are also a *****.

How much power do you wanna make?

Edit they are called B1 BA heads.

if I ever take off my w2's (doughtful),I will buy a set of brodix b1ba heads. they are the same as every other small block head out there, no port work no power. they respond quite well to a full port job.

they do make power as a friend of mine runs 10.20's in a 408'' pump gas 69 dart.

work well for me! Human intervention required! AKA: port/polish Solid 9 second passes. Pix is @ Norwalk. 9.61 5 passes in a row. Lost on Sunday with a 9.609 [9.61] probably would have went a 9.58 [.015 bulb, on the brakes, but with no time runs on sunday...shot in the dark...dial in]

Attachments

• 434 front view 2013.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 816
  • Dart at norwalk fall 2011.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 715
i will be running a set of b1 ba's on my dart fully ported wit a ported victor intake

Have a flow sheet handy and bench model? When it's in one piece make a thread with all the details of the motor. Have a HP goal?

Why not use edelbrock heads. You will get your 550 hp goal for a lot less $$$. Rocker, headers, intake is a lot cheaper running Eddie heads the brodix or w2.

....or if they finally poop out that Ebrock super victor head. sure liked what I saw of it in Vegas. Kind of like a nice W5...

How about some cnc pro comps ?
They make power and are priced well !

Please don't take this wrong but with a modest goal of 550 why go through the hassle of these heads? I can make that with some old W2 econo heads and pump gas. Again, no offense intended here.

I have had them for awhile I know the potential is there for more hp they are going on my 360 for now but I am planning on a stroker in the future .

-
Back