Broke down in Lincoln, NE driving cross country.

-

dodgedartgt

Reaction score
Hi all,

Driving east from OR to FL. Distributor crapped out on I-80 Mile 314 rest area near Grand Island. AAA will tow me to Lincoln, NE. O'Reilly's has a reman'd unit in stock there. Gotta get the part from O'Reilly's to the car and installed. Can anybody give me a hand? Plz give me a call.

Thnx in advance,
Mike (not) in FL
5 zero 3 - 4 three 4 - 3 9 five five

If you were closer to Chicago, I have spare distributors in my stash...

I'm sure there are members in that area, probably just need to be patient so others can read the thread....I'm too far away but I wish you the best of luck and hope you stay safe!

Parts house may have a delivery driver that could bring it to you.

Thnx to everyone who responded, and to RRR for the phone call! Its all fixed now. $38 reman distributor from O'Reilly's.

We broke down in Grand Island, NE in the '67 'cuda f/b 273. I checked a couple of things and then popped the dist cap. Turns out the breaker plate had come loose and was wobbling all over the place, unless I held it down in place. In fact, I was able to lift it completely out.

The closest I could find a dizzy in stock was 95 miles further east, in Lincoln, NE. Being as I have 100 miles free towing with AAA, this was a no brainer. To top it off, the tow truck driver was more than happy to stop at the parts store for us on the way to the motel.

I had the dist in and test driven within 15 minutes after the car was off the rollback. Works fine, but I'll try to find a timing light the AM before we hit the road again to make sure its right.

We keep on trucking. 1636 miles down, 1527 to go. :burnout:

Thnx,
Mike (not yet) in FL

That's great, Mike. Hay if you happen to come through Macon on I-75 south, let me know ahead of time. Maybe we can meet for some coffee.

Glad you made it back on the road. Good luck with the rest of your trip.

Thnx Rob,

If time allows, we're gonna go through Louisville and we'll be southbound on I-75. If not, then we'll be driving through AL from St Louis. That said, I hope to meet you!

Later, Mile

Tim,
Thnx for your call. I don't expect anymore probx, but will call if we do have.

Tom,
Yes, we are coming through KC on way to St Louis. Getting in car now, gotta make tracks.

Thnx,
Mike (almost there) in FL

If you take I-80, I'm not far off exit 148 B in Illinois.

Thnx Rob,

If time allows, we're gonna go through Louisville and we'll be southbound on I-75. If not, then we'll be driving through AL from St Louis. That said, I hope to meet you!

Later, Mile

I'm just north of Louisville if you have any issues let me know
My guess you will be coming in on 64 take 264 south to avoid downtown to 65south or 64 all the way to Lexington to 75

I prefer 65 south to Nashville 24 to Chattanogga to 75

But 64 to Lexington 75 south

Larry

This is awesome! I love it when a plan comes together! I will keep this in mind when traveling

-
Back