Broken Alternator Braket

-

chlngr1970

Reaction score
So, I picked up a 77 Winnebago with a 440. Yeah, I know it's not an A body, but it IS a 440 :D Well, the alternator bracket broke at the top left alternator. Can I just swap an alternator bracket off a junk yard 440 to fix my Winny, or do I need to contact Winnebago about this?

j

So, I picked up a 77 Winnebago with a 440. Yeah, I know it's not an A body, but it IS a 440 :D Well, the alternator bracket broke at the top left alternator. Can I just swap an alternator off a junk yard 440 to fix my Winny, or do I need to contact Winnebago about this
j
You need to get a alternator with the same amount of amps for that r.v.Find out your amps or can you get that one rebuilded.

So, I picked up a 77 Winnebago with a 440. Yeah, I know it's not an A body, but it IS a 440 :D Well, the alternator bracket broke at the top left alternator. Can I just swap an alternator off a junk yard 440 to fix my Winny, or do I need to contact Winnebago about this?

j
I would find out the amps of that one and match it before i put on any one out of the junk yard.May not be enough amps check withauto part store on how many amps you have.

im kinda confused is the alt. broke or is the metel brakit broke.. if its the alt. most wenabagos had 100 amp alt.on them not all but most.if its the brakit ya that will be a junk yard item mostly police cars or taxi cabs run thiese alt or some 1ton trucks or vans or mabe its just a regular car alt.

You can get a 100 amp alt new or re-built at O'reilly's. I got one after adding a bunch of heavy load pulling things to my 69 'Cuda. I think they had to look it up for a 77 Power Wagon. I'm sure the zone and Napa probably have them as well

It's the bracket. I GUESS the alternator is OK, sinve I can't put a belt on to find out, and the bracket is broke. I was looking at the chrome kit you find in hot rod shops. One of the guys I work with is a welder, so I am going to see if he might be able to fix the one I have. If not, try that universal. I don't see many big blocks here in WA junk yards ( though I have only really been to one... )

j

Reproduction alternator bracket kits are available from Mancini Racing as well as a bunch of other places.

I should have posted this with the first post, but was too lazy. Then I had two teeth extracted on Friday, and have been recovering since :(

j

Alternator bracket.jpg

If you don't want to or can't weld it you've got a good template to make a new one if you want...

One of my co-workers was able to weld it up for me. I'm going to reinstall it this weekend. If all goes well, I'll also be swapping out my 68 Dart K-frame, in disc brakes, and the 7.25 for an 8.25 rear. :D

j

-
Back